Thread: Deactivate-COT

Potential Tuner

Deactivate-COT

hi guys, how can i disable COT? because i saw that there is on/off COT in some cars but on mine it's not there. What can i do?. Thanks for your help
    Dodge Charger 5.7.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I'm a novice tuner myself so I could be wrong, but I believe going to (Engine>Fuel>Temp Control) and maxing out the values in both Max Delta cells. As you've stated I can not find a on/off button in the file, however I think maxing out those values should render the COT disabled.

On a side note, what's up with your VE tables? Not trying to insult you as I'm actually just learning how to tune with VE as well, but those tables are worrying.

-Jack

Potential Tuner
    i really dont understand much of that. can you give me some tips pls?

Tuner in Training
    Not sure how to make it much clearer, haha. If you open your tune and go to the Engine tab, then the Fuel Tab, and then the Temp. Control tab, you will see two "cells" called Max Delta. When you hover over them, you will see the minimum and maximum values they could possibly be at the bottom right of your VCM Editor. According to the description of the Max Delta cells at the bottom of the editor, setting these values to their maximum should disable COT.

description.PNG
    Above is a drawn description. Below is the edit.
    edited.PNG

Hope that helps

Tuner in Training
    Dumb question, but what does COT stand for, and what does it do?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Wjjeepman34 View Post
    Dumb question, but what does COT stand for, and what does it do?
    Cat OverTemp.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gottogo View Post
    Cat OverTemp.
    Thanks.
    I assume if COT is enabled, either a limp mode or extra fuel mode will happen, to cool the egt's?

Just trying to learn, sorry if these are questions that extremely amateur.

Advanced Tuner
    Extra fuel is added for cooling.

Tuner
    On a side note, what's up with your VE tables? Not trying to insult you as I'm actually just learning how to tune with VE as well, but those tables are worrying.
    -Jack[/QUOTE]

Still in the learning phase myself, the VE tables are the stock 5.7 hemi tables, also for Jeep. But I have noticed that there is a mismatch on a number of cells between the Bank 1 and Bank 2 tables. I have made Bank 1 = Bank 2.
    2010 Jeep GC 5.7 Eagle Head motor, 2" OME lift, cats removed, full MDS delete

There are two VE tables to allow tuning for airflow differences between the two banks. Think differences in the exhaust system - maybe one bank sees a little more restriction than the other. There may also be suble differences in the intake - say, a slight vortex in the intake manifold might favor one bank over the other... If one bank is slightly rich or lean while the other is dialed in, that can also reduce torque and horsepower.

If you're just starting to tune the VE tables, making both the same is fine. When you get within about +/- ~5% on fuel trim or afr errors, you'll want to dial the tables in separately.