Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MPI and basic "flex fuel" working on MQB 2.0

Tuner in Training
    This is what I'm interested in! I had eurodyne for a while waiting for flex fuel but it never showed up. I'm hoping hp will include port injection and flex for everyone

Advanced Tuner
    Same same. I sent in some high level info on what to change to make it work. Of course the specifics or exact bytes will be different for every OS, and there's a ton of OSs...so that makes it fun.

For MPI that is. Flex fuel is super simple. 3 bytes total to enable it and enable the SAE PID 0x52 so you can easily see it with a scanner. At least every OS I've looked at it's that simple. All of the sensor calibration, diagnostic tables are there are pre-filled in.

I can start to see why Cobb, Eurodyne and others probably go to a "consolidated ROM" of sorts.

Tuner in Training
    Well I started on my tune but it seems a few tables are still missing. I didn't see injector constant. I have golf R injectors in my gti. And I'm trying to figure out fueling for ethanol for blending or running full e85.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by this guy View Post
    Well I started on my tune but it seems a few tables are still missing. I didn't see injector constant. I have golf R injectors in my gti. And I'm trying to figure out fueling for ethanol for blending or running full e85.
    I believe my OS has an injector constant value and I'm pretty sure it's for the DI injectors (I've never messed with the value personally). I don't know if the the size of GTI vs R is significant enough to even matter?

What OS are you on / post your stock file?

Potential Tuner
    Hi

is the burbble tune something you added in user defined parameters? i dont see it in mine. Simos 18.1/18.6

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by moyersauto View Post
    Hi

is the burbble tune something you added in user defined parameters? i dont see it in mine. Simos 18.1/18.6
    Yes, I used a definition file for my OS to find and add the tables needed. It's called "impulse combustion mode" per the actual documentation. I really only have it mapped out for my OS.

What OS are you running? post a file? Might be able to help you

Advanced Tuner
    BTW here is the only repository I am aware of for definition files for these cars (out in the open at least). These will work with user defined parameters, but you'll need to add a base offset of 0x A080 0000 to the file in tunerpro.

Mine is the 259K file

https://github.com/joeFischetti/SimosDefinitions

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    I believe my OS has an injector constant value and I'm pretty sure it's for the DI injectors (I've never messed with the value personally). I don't know if the the size of GTI vs R is significant enough to even matter?

What OS are you on / post your stock file?
    Here's my stock file GTI.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Fuel-> General-> DI Injector Slope

Looking at a few different Golf R/S3 files, they have it set to 0.438322343785764

2017 VW Golf R (8V0906259H__0002).hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thank you! How are you adjusting for ethanol? or are you just running it with the sensor and pin 71?

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you! How are you adjusting for ethanol? or are you just running it with the sensor and pin 71?
    You've got a couple options. Unfortunately *most* of them require user defined parameters right now (tables are not defined). If you're just looking for a simple "enable flex fuel" tune I can do it for you though. I've done it for a few other guys on the same OS as you. These tables are actually defined in the XDF posted in the link above. I ASSUME 259A_0005 and _0006 are same calibration layout, but I would have to double check.

1.) you can manually set a static value for E content you're running
    a.) Set the stoich value for your expected E content across the entire Stoich table at Fuel->General->Stoich AFR. I don't believe the monitor table matters
    b.) There is a value/byte in the ECU to set "alternative fuel content" <c_fac_afu_ratio_man> -- just set the value here.
    2.) Enable flex fuel and wire in sensor via Pin 71. There's a total of 3 bytes to enable this and they are in the XDF as well. Basically 1 byte to tell the ECU you're using a physical sensor, 1 byte to say "don't use manual E content value", and another to enable SAE PID 0x52 so you can easily see and monitor E content with scanner. I guess there is 1 more value I normally change to eliminate the delay between sensor read E value vs what the ECU is using for fueling calc.

1a and 2. Require user defined params. I'd be happy to set you up with the number 2 option-- base file with all the flex stuff.

If you're looking to make a 91 file, E30 file and Exx file etc, your can do that via 1a or 2, depending on if you want to buy user defined params or not. Option 2 is better, because the ECU already has a bunch of tables and logic based on E content and you can take advantage of all of those things/it does it all for you. For example, extra open loop after start enrichments when E content > 0 etc. But for low E content or not extreme low temp scenario....probably not worth worrying about too much.

Tuner in Training
    That would be awesome if you could activate flex fuel for me! I already have the sensor installed. I sent an email to support for flex and port injection. I figure the more interest they have in it the better.

Advanced Tuner
    That would be awesome if you could activate flex fuel for me! I already have the sensor installed. I sent an email to support for flex and port injection. I figure the more interest they have in it the better.
    Yes, I think more tickets the better to show the interest in the platform. I think the potential is here (i've had a ton of guys hit me about HPT support) and in the future as prices continue to drop for mk7 stuff it will only get more popular. But many things are still very lacking, especially the logging suite. I'm remaining hopeful..but I sent in a ticket almost 4 months ago to add more PIDs to the scanner, complete info with PID info and equations etc., and still nothing. So truth be told I am losing a little faith, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Anyways, here is your stock file with only 4 things changed as mentioned above, to enable Flex Fuel and enable PID 0x52.

PLEASE double check and make sure E content is working and let me know if it's not. I don't have a definition file for 259A, but I am confident I was able to cross correlate the info to a similar OS file and get them defined correctly.

You will need to "repoll for new parameters" or whatever in the dropdown menu in the scanner to see Ethanol content after the flash...but if that works, and you're getting a valid E content you should be good to go! You don't need to start the car or anything to get a valid reading at this point.

Here's the file and a screenshot showing what I changed. I did have to define 3 more values in the XDF linked above. I'll get the XDF updated on github to this most recent version soon (if anyone else is interested in checking it out).
    GTI FF.hpt

Capture.PNG

Tuner in Training
    Worked perfectly!! Thank you. I just used VCDS to check the percentage.

Advanced Tuner
    Good stuff, thanks for confirming. I'll get those updates included in the 259A XDF.

Potential Tuner
    Hi Aaron

Great work on defining those files. When i try to use that feature it says i have to purchase this feature. Im trying to set up a burble/pop, not bangs, to see the difference in different downpipes/slash exhaust combos. i can do it with any other platform hp offers, but darn if i can find it in my OS. Ive attached a file for you to see. I also dont mind paying you for you time.

Jason

Advanced Tuner
    Hi Aaron

Great work on defining those files. When i try to use that feature it says i have to purchase this feature. Im trying to set up a burble/pop, not bangs, to see the difference in different downpipes/slash exhaust combos. i can do it with any other platform hp offers, but darn if i can find it in my OS. Ive attached a file for you to see. I also dont mind paying you for you time.

Jason
    Jason,

Happy to help. This is the first time I have seen a GTI -259L file. Great news though, the Calibration layout is identical to mine (259K). So I already have the stuff defined for burbles (impulse combustion they call it).

Do you want it on all the time, or sport mode only? DSG or MT?

Potential Tuner
    Lets do both and see how it does. its a dsg btw. thank you!!

Advanced Tuner
    Lets do both and see how it does. its a dsg btw. thank you!!
    sending you pm

Advanced Tuner
    Hey guys, looks like the early ~2015 GTI and A3 files 5G0906259A files now have Burbles, LPFP control, flex fuel, and other stuff.