Thread: Fans Setting? Fan comes on high on cold start?

Fans Setting? Fan comes on high on cold start?

Guys,

Just recently picked up a MPVI2 for data logging and thought it would be useful to have. In others words, I don't know sh** about them! LOL

Anyway - recently noticed my fans come on high during a cold start up. Even like a day today, 25degress here this morning.. start the car. Fan comes on high almost immediately. We're thinking it's more than likely a bad thermostat but I wanted to see if anyone here could take a glance for me and validate that my fans are indeed not supposed to come on that early. And.. teach me what you're looking at!

My Callaway.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Corvette Z06 M7 Callaway 757 Package - Kooks 2" Headers, X-Pipe, IW 9% OD Pulley, Methanol (MAP)

Change fan setting axis (right click, label) change this to 170 and make the first column 0, then interpolate the data...

Being 50 at 192 makes it run when you start the engine, been like this from the gen 4 days

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Change fan setting axis (right click, label) change this to 170 and make the first column 0, then interpolate the data...

Being 50 at 192 makes it run when you start the engine, been like this from the gen 4 days
    Ben Charles.. thank you sir for taking the time to help me out. Please don't beat me up too much, I tried to preface the post by letting everyone know I'm a noob! LOL

Is this correct or am I way off?

Capture.JPG
    2017 Corvette Z06 M7 Callaway 757 Package - Kooks 2" Headers, X-Pipe, IW 9% OD Pulley, Methanol (MAP)

Make the entire first row (ECT side) 0... then depending on thermostat temp I would have say 200 ECT at 90 and and smooth between 17x and roughly 200, past 200 have fan at full speed.

I seen you post on corvetteforum.. I’m T/A KID on car forums

14 Gen 5 Viper

How's this? If I'm still way off.. I just emailed my tune to you. If you don't mind.. can you make the settings like you would prefer to see and use the snipping tool to send back?

Capture.JPG

Potential Tuner
    I fixed my 2014 GMC Sierra by just disabling the ETC code in the Engine Diag,
    I don't remember the ETC code, you can scan your ECM and usually you will find it in history status.

Been at it all day!! I’ll check it out after a bit and let ya know what I think..
    yes those fans settings much better, won’t be on during cold starts now either

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner
    If your defroster is on your fan will come on.