Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi/VW Tune Repository (Consolidated)

Advanced Tuner

Audi/VW Tune Repository (Consolidated)

Hey guys, I know a few threads like this already exist, but I was thinking about starting a Dropbox dedicated for it. As it is now, everything is scattered across multiple threads/posts and will only get worse over time. I downloaded all the stock files I could find on here and organized them based on controller and standardized the naming scheme.

If you wish to contribute, please use the following naming scheme to help keep it consistent!

<Year> <Make> <Model> (<ECU OS>) <DSG/ZF8> (<TCU OS>)

2017 Audi S3 (8V0906259K__0003) DSG (0D900012__5046)

Ideally, post your combined ECU and TCU files, if applicable. The TCU folder is mainly for misc TCU files. Either way, post what ya got!

Right now it's just stock files, but happy to add tuned files that guys are willing to share as well!

I recommend just hitting "download" in the upper right corner, which should download you a single ZIP file and make it easier to browse around.

Any issues or feedback, let me know!

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/f...P2XL_xzLGQQ1av
    Last edited by aaronc7; 01-22-2023 at 02:01 AM.

Good idea, Thanks. Ideally HPT would allow uploads to the tune repository.

Advanced Tuner
    No problem. In the LS world, I use/used EFI Live originally and someone had maintained a huge dropbox repository, and it came in handy many, many times.

Hopefully we will see a return of the HPT repository soon.

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone have a Simos 18.10 file(s)?

Potential Tuner

File Simos 18.1

Does anyone have the Audi S3 8v 2016 8V0906259F 0001 file,
    I have a problem, at the time of identification the HPT identifies the ECU as simos 12,
    but it is wrong because it is a Simos 18.1
    thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vandao View Post
    Does anyone have the Audi S3 8v 2016 8V0906259F 0001 file,
    I have a problem, at the time of identification the HPT identifies the ECU as simos 12,
    but it is wrong because it is a Simos 18.1
    thanks
    I think your best option in this case is to submit a ticket with hp tuners. When I first got my MPVI2, my DSG was not recognized, but I contacted them and they added support quickly.

https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Potential Tuner
    Iv got a 2016 S7 and I am VERY interested in developing a FLEX e85 tune. Anyone have progress on this? Since I already have HPT for my Turbo LS id love to use it for my Audi as well.

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone have or can tell me how to get a stock file for a 2017 A6 2.0 with the ea888 gen 3 file?

Advanced Tuner
    Do you know the box code / Operating system for it? I might be able to find a FRF and convert to a BIN at a minimum.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Do you know the box code / Operating system for it? I might be able to find a FRF and convert to a BIN at a minimum.
    Attached is from my obd11. I just need this to go back to stock and then work on tuning this bad boy myself. I appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blacka6 View Post
    Attached is from my obd11. I just need this to go back to stock and then work on tuning this bad boy myself. I appreciate it.
    Let me back up for a minute... if you are looking for a stock file for hp tuners, you just simply need to flash back to stock (possibly), do a Virtual Read and it will download your stock file to your PC.

Did you try that yet, or are you looking for a way to first flash the car back to stock via other means? Try HPT virtual read if you have not already and have a MPVI2.

I found a few FRFs for your car, but that won't be helpful without some even more $$ tools or open source methods

Tuner in Training
    I currently have apr stage 1 and wanted to go back to stock before taking it to the dealers. For me to use my mvpi2, do I ha e to purchase credits to flash it stock or can I just up load a stock file? I don't have one at home.

I don't know much about the mvpi2 and a virtual read. I used my mvpi2 to do a tcu tune and it's been sitting since then.

Would the mvpi2 be able to use the frf?

Advanced Tuner
    I currently have apr stage 1 and wanted to go back to stock before taking it to the dealers. For me to use my mvpi2, do I ha e to purchase credits to flash it stock or can I just up load a stock file? I don't have one at home.

I don't know much about the mvpi2 and a virtual read. I used my mvpi2 to do a tcu tune and it's been sitting since then.

Would the mvpi2 be able to use the frf?
    OK I should have asked that first.

Hook up MPVI2 to car, load up VCM editor (latest beta). Try to do a read...if ECU is supported you'll be able to download a stock file. This does not require a license.

Once you go to flash this file, it will require a license. Of course if you do this you're going to lose the APR tune etc. There is a separate "flash to stock" option....that may not require a license? I can't say for sure, did not try this before I licensed mine.

MPVI2/HPT can't do anything with a FRF

Tuner in Training
    Can it read if the file is locked by apr? And if it isn't supported, how can I get it supported?

Advanced Tuner
    Can it read if the file is locked by apr? And if it isn't supported, how can I get it supported?
    If APR did not change the box code (looks like it did not), then virtual read will work just fine. It's literally just looking at the box code, seeing if it has the file and downloads a file associated with your VIN etc.

If it's not supported, create a support ticket using the link above. If the definition file for your OS matches one of the common Golf ones I bet its supported or can be added easily.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome. Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated. My read doesn't seem to go past 1% lol

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Hey guys, I know a few threads like this already exist, but I was thinking about starting a Dropbox dedicated for it. As it is now, everything is scattered across multiple threads/posts and will only get worse over time. I downloaded all the stock files I could find on here and organized them based on controller and standardized the naming scheme.

If you wish to contribute, please use the following naming scheme to help keep it consistent!

<Year> <Make> <Model> (<ECU OS>) <DSG/ZF8> (<TCU OS>)

2017 Audi S3 (8V0906259K__0003) DSG (0D900012__5046)

Ideally, post your combined ECU and TCU files, if applicable. The TCU folder is mainly for misc TCU files. Either way, post what ya got!

Right now it's just stock files, but happy to add tuned files that guys are willing to share as well!

I recommend just hitting "download" in the upper right corner, which should download you a single ZIP file and make it easier to browse around.

Any issues or feedback, let me know!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/llu1kggpz...Qqj9BCd8a?dl=0
    Is anyone else able to access this Dropbox repository? Awesome idea but I can't get it to work?

Advanced Tuner
    I took it down after what seemed lot a lack of interest and moving away from HPtuners myself for these cars. I still have a bunch of stock files though, something in particular you need?

Tuner in Training
    Looking for some good references for dual pulley tunes for 3.0t Simos 8.5 , There are a few HPT files on here but are tuned vastly different.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Looking for some example stock and stage 1 hpt tunes for Audi 3.0t simos 8.5 and also ZF AL551 8speed to compare with what I have. Happy to share what I have also