Thread: GoPro export accelerometer data?

Potential Tuner

GoPro export accelerometer data?

I love your program, and am using it with my new Go Pro Hero 9. However, I am writing a little offline excel script to analyze gforces for specific track sections, but unfortunately I only seem to be able to export the GPS and speed data, and no accelerometer data. Is there a way for your program to export the accelerometer data? I had an older Go Pro and i could export accelerometer data in DashWare, but that program is so old, and fails to even import GoPro 9 data anymore...

Thanks!

Karsten Wilson
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    I love your program, and am using it with my new Go Pro Hero 9. However, I am writing a little offline excel script to analyze gforces for specific track sections, but unfortunately I only seem to be able to export the GPS and speed data, and no accelerometer data. Is there a way for your program to export the accelerometer data? I had an older Go Pro and i could export accelerometer data in DashWare, but that program is so old, and fails to even import GoPro 9 data anymore...

Thanks!

Karsten Wilson
    [email protected]
    It looks like RaceRender only pulls Time, Latitude, Longitude, Speed, and Altitude off of my Go Pro Hero 8; so I would guess that it's the same for the 9 (since there sadly hasn't been a RaceRender update in a year...). It looks like RaceRender can interpret the Latitude/Longitude into accelerometer data; so maybe that would be good enough?

I've never had very good results using just my Go Pro. I've had much more consistent data using an app on my phone like Track Addict (free) or Race Chrono ($30 for the pro version). For track driving, your phone/GoPro might be enough, but for autocross, I've found that an external GPS like the Racelogic VBOX Sport was the only thing that actually gave me repeatably usable results.

These are both for the same autocross run.
    GoPro:
    GoProMap.jpg

VBOX Sport:
    VBOXSportMap.jpg