Thread: 6L80 Stall Converter Tuning

Potential Tuner

6L80 Stall Converter Tuning

I recently got into a mod I've never had before... 2800 Yank Stall Converter in my 2013 Corvette GS (LS3, 6L80, Procharger, 220/232 Cam, Headers, high flow cats and Corsa.

I installed the stall converter, but having one small issue...

The converter acts as expected, drives fine, shifts fine, seems to lock and unlock as expected, EXCEPT when coming to a stop while the converter is locked up in in 6th gear. 9 out of 10 times, the car will die when coming to a stop (around 20MPH or less). I finally figured out its staying in 6th and I don't think the converter is unlocking to the point the engine is brought down as if it's a manual transmission and not pressing the clutch coming to a stop. I can prevent it from dying by touching the gas pedal which I suspect is unlocking the converter?

Maybe a pressure issue?

any updates here?

Potential Tuner
    Any updates have thr same issue on my 6l80

Whoa boy random...

I actually have a '13 C6 GS with a baby XLR converter here today and it does the SAME THING. When you scan, the trans is clearly still holding the TCC and in the tune, TCC lockup is only allowed in high gear, but here we are stalling out in lower gears because it's still locked.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Can any of you post a file? I'll compare it to a known good one I'm working on today with a Yank 3800 in an 07 Corvette. The one I'm working on performs as expected, no locking on decel, or dying.

Do any of you have a log of one with it dying coming to a stop?

Quote Originally Posted by davidchristian83 View Post
    Can any of you post a file? I'll compare it to a known good one I'm working on today with a Yank 3800 in an 07 Corvette. The one I'm working on performs as expected, no locking on decel, or dying.

Do any of you have a log of one with it dying coming to a stop?
    This seems to be unique to this (TCM) OS. I've never seen it in another yr car. There is nothing to see in the tune. Lockup is only allowed in 6th and under 40% throttle in the schedule, but when you log after a decently long cruise, it will stay locked up as it drops gears and you roll to a stop, ultimately leading to a stall if you don't get the TCC unlocked with extra throttle as mentioned. It stays locked with brake applied and through gear drops..
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    This seems to be unique to this (TCM) OS. I've never seen it in another yr car. There is nothing to see in the tune. Lockup is only allowed in 6th and under 40% throttle in the schedule, but when you log after a decently long cruise, it will stay locked up as it drops gears and you roll to a stop, ultimately leading to a stall if you don't get the TCC unlocked with extra throttle as mentioned. It stays locked with brake applied and through gear drops..
    Did you ever figure out this problem?