Thread: Licensing getting started

Potential Tuner

Licensing getting started

2011 yukon and first vehicle I have tried to tune. Uploaded the tune from it, made some changes, bought a pair of credits, and got the license. But when I go to upload to the vehicle, it tells me I don't have the license. I show a license for it.
    What am I goofing up here?

You probably read all 3 controllers on that truck. There is a PCM, TCM and FPCM/FSCM which is the fuel pump control module.

The 2 credits you bought will only unlock the PCM/TCM combo and not the fuel pump control module.

You can go out to the vehicle and re-read the files but this time I believe you will want to gather the information first to see what controllers are there and just de-select the fuel system. Then use that as your new stock base file without the fuel pump control module and you will no longer ever be prompted to license that for an additional credit.

I believe you could also de-select the FPCM from the calibration information tab in the editor so it removed from that file. Either way can work but I've usually done it the first way just to never deal with it again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Just went through this. Disappointed that it says 2 credits to tune a certain vehicle not 2 unless you have a separate fcsm then 3. This is the first one I had issues with and didn't do anything different from others that are nearly the same.
    Last edited by lewingjr; 03-25-2021 at 05:16 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by lewingjr View Post
    Just went through this. Disappointed that it says 2 credits to tune a certain vehicle not 2 unless you have a separate fcsm then 3. This is the first one I had issues with and didn't do anything different from others that are nearly the same.
    Please keep in mind it does actually say it on our supported vehicles list
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"