Thread: Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost throttle actuation

Tuner in Training

Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost throttle actuation

Hello everyone.
    I've recently tuned a late Fiesta ST and Focus 1L5 and 1L Ecoboost.
    For both of them, I've managed to keep my throttle wide open on full loads, which was not that easy actually !
    I'm now facing a new issue. On a 2016 Mustang, 2.3 Ecoboost with automatic gearbox, when I try to use the same kind of changes, my throttle won't open, and actually closes a lot.
    I've put all my limiters to the max I could, but nothing changes.

On my logs, the label that seems to be anoying me is "TIP Base from Desired AirMass", struggling to reach 60InHg. All others TIPs are high. Therefore, all my load limiters, turbo and pressure control limiters are set up to MAX.
    Do you have any idea where the TIP limit could come from?
    Do you know if that could come from the gearbox? (I also raised gearbox limiters, and I believe the log would show some torque limitations / trans limitations if that would be the case).

I've attached one of my log
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    log_accel_bv3.hpl

Have you raised torque tables? Also look into you effective area vs throttle angle may need some tweaking

Tuner in Training
    Yes, both of them are raised already.
    Also, as I'm driving E85, I sometime have "Insufficient fuel flow". Can this limit my desired air mass? I was guessing that, but it happens also when I don't have any flow limitation
    Regards