Thread: 2013 Ram 1500 426 Stroked Hellcat LIMP MODE

Tuner in Training

2013 Ram 1500 426 Stroked Hellcat LIMP MODE

First, I know nothing about tuning but given the situation, I'm going to learn something with your help!!! Background: I have a 2013 that had a 5.7 Hemi with a 65RFE transmission. I decided to upgrade the truck... I had a 426 Stroked Hellcat put in it with a built 8HP70 conversion... All electronics/modules/pcm/bcm/tcm/skim/RF everything OEM out of a rolled 2015 Ram 1500. Truck is a beast and has been driving flawlessly for the last 5 months... Keeping it out of limp mode has been difficult to say the least when the wheels get spinning... I'm sure you can understand that... The 2-3 upshift seems to be the problem and never seems to be a problem in any other gear upshift or downshift... I've started reading all the post as well as sticky available to become familiar with the data logging pids/channels to get this clip of a log today...I'm sure I'm in for another journey with this truck but I'm really going to need your guidance and knowledgeable help through this processes of learning HPTUNERS...

If you could/can, I've attached 1 of these events/Limp mode with the attached file...Any opinions as to what might be happening? What you might be seeing would be helpful and very much appreciated...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pointofview_365; 12-29-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Got it all worked out. It was a simple fix.

Tuner in Training
    What ended up being the issue?

Tuner in Training
    Just needed a couple of tweaks with the Limits in the TCM... #46854, #5722, #46956... Worked over the slip time and shift pressures also... In a nut shell, no more limp and allows me to pull harder up to and thru the shift...

Tuner in Training
    Interesting. Good to hear!

Advanced Tuner
    glad to hear you got it worked out. question, if only the ramp torque is adjusted for shift firmness, would it cause improper gear ratio codes and cause a limp mode?
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Tuner in Training
    On a 8Hp? Doubtful... On a NAG, I just don't know about them to hazard a quess... Probably would be a good idea to set it back to OEM and reset all the adaptives... I'm sure you've already done this and there was no change... Try posting on FB HP tuners troubleshooting and tips page...

Advanced Tuner
    Yes I did put it back to stock , same issues. I found the problem, was the tune! The tuner might be selling me other people’s tunes, the gear ratio that he gave me contained the wrong transmission’s gear ratios. I changed them to the correct ratios and no more issues. Now to get firm shifts!! Still no firm shifts from a firm shift tune!! Not a good start for trusting tuners! They want so much and then this type of stuff happens make it hard to trust a tuner. I paid good money and haven’t gotten what we asked for and now the tuner won’t return my emails! I know where his shop is and if needed, we will pay him a visit! We paid but can’t get what we paid for!
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.