Thread: HP Tuners

Potential Tuner

HP Tuners

Im in need of you guys help in regards of tuning products , I?ve looked at many & hp tuners is the best from all I?ve read about. I want to start tuning watching videos , researching tunings products wide bands etc , but I wanted to know if you guys could possibly guide me in what products would I need from HP tuners to start tuning. My platforms I?ll mainly be tuning would be gm engines such as Cadillac , Chevrolet , & GMC. Just wanted you guys help to lead me in product knowledge on everything I?d need to start advice you guys wished to know when starting out. Just a young buck wanting to learn how to tune.

Get the MPVI2 and the PRO feature set if you plan to tune lots of vehicles. It will make the transfer of a wideband sensor much easier between vehicles, especially older GM vehicles.

Wideband oxygen sensors come down to preference and what you are using them for. I've ran AEM widebands for years without an issues. They even sell an OBD2 wideband that works with CAN-BUS vehicles to make logging a breeze.

I can't tell you what other products are good to get or what courses to take as I've never taken any. Greg Banish sells a few nice books for basics on engine mngt/advanced tuning. There are places like the tuning school and youtube video's you can browse.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ok ok ok I got everything in mind , damn I feel like such a rookie , but you live & you learn , the pro feature that transfers to the wideband how would I connect everything , hooking the wideband up to my truck or others , learning everything about the engine I know how engines work but for tuning wise , I get an idea that the wideband is to measure how much air is coming out , just need some guiding that?s all & I?ve been seeing lots of ?CAN-BUS? so as what this actually means. I?m just pumped to learn & knowing there?s forums on these makes it even more thrilling to wanting to learn.