Thread: Questions for a 1999 Jeep XJ

Potential Tuner

Questions for a 1999 Jeep XJ

So I have HPTuners for my 2018 Tundra. I'm giving my father a Newcomer Racing stroker motor out of my CJ7 that is currently running a carburetor. He has a 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ and I told him that according to HPTuners he can tune it with that. He was asking about Emission codes, so I figured I'd ask here. I know with the Tundra I have DTC codes that I can enable, disable, and tell when the MIL should show up. I haven't done it, but don't want to give him the wrong information.

To be honest though, I don't know what all the check boxes mean. I figure that MIL Enable tells the ECU to set the Check Engine light. I'm assuming that emissions check box means that it will affect emissions readiness, so if I turn that off it won't affect emission status. The last column is how often the ECU should see the error before it pops up.DTC.jpg

So first, does is my thinking correct? By turning off the emission check box it doesn't affect my emission readiness? And two, does the Jeep ECU have this available.

Thanks.

Unfortunately many of us have been disappointed that HPTuners has not decided to offer these basic things on earlier Jeeps yet. Many of us are asking but they are more focused on opening up new markets which is not going very well because those are also being offered before they are ready. Anybody looking into tuning their Toyota, Nissan, Jeep, etc just won't come this direction because of this. Much better to finish each product and then offer it but they are spread very thin... Their engineers are doing all they can but... I am with them for the long haul because of the quality of their GM and Ford tuning but so far very disappointed with their Jeep, Nissan, Toyota offerings. If you look into other products, you just see that HPTuners totally spoiled us with simple, clear GM and Ford formatting. I mention this to be fair to them.