Thread: 10L90 to 10L90 swap (not a typo)

Tuner in Training

10L90 to 10L90 swap (not a typo)

Is there anything that has to be done when switching transmissions in a 2018 ZL1. I bought a second transmission and had the clutches upgraded. Asking this because I see issues with swapped TCMs so was wondering if anything has to be done when swapping transmissions.

Unless something connection wise changed I can't see so. The TCM is separate from the transmission now unlike 6L8/90's so keeping your existing control should run the other transmission just fine with tuning obviously.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Ok sounds good. Gonna give it a shot. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Tcm will be fine, but you will have to program the TUN (transmission unique number) into the tcm. All the flow characteristics of the valve body and clutch flow rates are stored in a cloud and then they are programed into the tcm. I would guess you would have drivability issues without doing that process.

Tuner in Training
    Took it on 2 25 mile trips. Before the first trip i reset all the adaptations. It’s shifting hard which is expected. Other than that it’s fine.