Thread: Help with tune

Tuner in Training

Help with tune

Need help with the idle on my tune i just put a cam in it and it will idle for a bit and them act like it will wanna die. another thing is it seems to be a turd on take off. cam specs are Valve Lift .585/.585 Advertised Duration 283/286 Duration At .050" lift 228/230. Any help will be GREAT thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Look at your cells in the STFT graph where it is idleing. It is rich. You need to pull some fuel from the tune there. I would put the idle rpm where you have 680, and move that up to 750 or 800 with that cam until you get it smoothed out.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

If the torque converter is stock, it's going to be a turd as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I'll change that stuff and see what it does. Was there anything that looked out of place?

That log is pretty bland, it's missing lots of stuff.

No knock retard, burst knock, cylinder airmass, commanded AFR, fuel injector information. I don't see a wideband oxygen sensor in there so we have no real clue how far the fueling is under full throttle.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 01-02-2021 at 10:46 AM.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Would a AFR Gauge work for the wideband and for the commanded AFR.

They are two different things.

Add commanded AFR to the logs and if you have a wideband oxygen sensor you can wire that into hp tuners so it can be logged.

If you own the HP Tuners PRO feature it makes adding the wideband in rather easy. If you don't own that you can still wire the wideband in via a 5v reference circuit on the factory computer. Most use the EGR circuit or the ac pressure sensor circuit. There are threads and youtube video's on how to set that up.