Thread: Hhr 2.2 p0606 after zzp tune

Tuner in Training

Hhr 2.2 p0606 after zzp tune

I mailed my ecm to zzp to get their 1.0 2.2 tune back in april. Well very, very long story short ive talked to them 3 separate times, speaking to 2 separate people with no help. They sent me the stock tune file after a 2 day argument so at this point ive decided to buy my own hp tuners (not theirs) and was going to upload the stock file in hopes to fix it. I havent got my interface yet. If anybody is interested i can show the tuned file once i get it.

I can be a wide open to moderate throttle and itll throw the p0606 code, reduce engine power, and turn off traction control, stability control and abs. Ive done a little research and it seems that maybe they changed something to do with the throttle trims or values? They claimed they don't. Once again we will see once i get my interface. Ive also read that they'll change vss to rpm or visa versa. I didn't get a chance to talk about that as he seemed to be stuck on a video i showed that was showing what my car would do. I had heard really good things about zzp but ill never use them again after that. For anything.

Id like to keep the tune but if i need to, it will be back to the stock file. I guess what im wondering is if anybody has seen this problem or even heard of it.

Thanks all.

Tuner in Training
    p606 is normally an ecu failure code. and did they ever fix this issue for you??

Tuner in Training
    No they didn't. I fought with one of they're wonderful customer service employees for roughly 4 days.. The most unhelpful and unprofessional person I think I've ever talked to. They will absolutely never get my business again.

Anyways I ended up buying my own hp tuners equipment and a cheap laptop. I changed one thing at a time in the tune and would drive it until this instance happened. Long story short, zzp put in a bunch of values in the acceleration based rpm limiting section. My stock values were all zero. I put them back to zero and never had the issue again. I sold the hhr in March of this year. I loved that car. 280k miles and still sounded and shifted perfect.

I have a spare tuned ecu if anybody wants it. That they sent me in hopes to fix it lol. From zzp. It's for a 2009 2.2 hhr manual transmission.

Yeah thats the shitty part about canned tunes is that it is flashed with a tune that might have worked on 1 vehicle but not every vehicle will run the same way.

USDM As Fck

@DaX.Media

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    No they didn't. I fought with one of they're wonderful customer service employees for roughly 4 days.. The most unhelpful and unprofessional person I think I've ever talked to. They will absolutely never get my business again.

Anyways I ended up buying my own hp tuners equipment and a cheap laptop. I changed one thing at a time in the tune and would drive it until this instance happened. Long story short, zzp put in a bunch of values in the acceleration based rpm limiting section. My stock values were all zero. I put them back to zero and never had the issue again. I sold the hhr in March of this year. I loved that car. 280k miles and still sounded and shifted perfect.

I have a spare tuned ecu if anybody wants it. That they sent me in hopes to fix it lol. From zzp. It's for a 2009 2.2 hhr manual transmission.
    These ECUs have two CPUs in them - the "main" CPU and the "slave" CPU. The slave CPU is essentially a cheap CPU that can detect and handle failures from the main CPU. P0606 happens when the calibration data in the slave CPU doesn't match the main CPU, causing the slave CPU to falsely believe the main CPU has failed. I don't know if it's still the case, but historically speaking, hpt only modifies the calibration data in the main CPU, so if you make changes in the main calibration without replicating those in the slave CPU, you can end up in this situation.

So, it seems you discovered what was making the slave CPU cranky.

I'm having the same issue, is it possible with hpt to fix the problem?