Thread: knock at tip in - how to control

knock at tip in - how to control

6.0, manual, LS3 heads, BTR 3, 92mm TB, Headers and 5500 altitude

OK, i have been trying to work through this tune, I have OL tuned the MAF (its within 4% to higher rpm's under load) and now I have moved on to CL. In the lower areas I can not seem seem to get below 14:6ish AFR? However my concerns come more at the higher rpm's which are working in the mid 12s (where I have been concentrating - no dyno, all street so avoiding Johnny Law).

Here is my question: at higher RPM's and while at initial tip-in and shifting, I get knock. Tip-in and shift seem to go lean (14-16ish) for very short time (Milli-seconds). What is the best method to control this? or HOW do I control this. I pulled 4 degrees from these areas already which I do not believe is the best approach? Is there a way to control the Tip-in/Shift lean? Explain please or point me in a direction.

Attached is log and the tune it came out of
    Attached Files Attached Files

1999 Camaro 6.2 Manual GM#12576341 RTT V2 8a.hpt

i have made few changes to the pe to make it kick in quicker, you will need to work more on your fueling you are 5-10% off.

and i believe you have a false knock as you are maxing your pe knock table which is 4 degrees.

replace the knock sensors and then change the sensitivity if needed.

QTR FMS - Thank you! I was wondering on the false knock, when you start getting aggressive with the car, there seems to be some movement in the engine/trans area. Curios if that was contributing.

I will check into the items you recommended and continue working on the fuel tables

--- Again, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Cazbah362 View Post
    QTR FMS - Thank you! I was wondering on the false knock, when you start getting aggressive with the car, there seems to be some movement in the engine/trans area. Curios if that was contributing.

I will check into the items you recommended and continue working on the fuel tables

--- Again, thank you
    ok at least you know what is the issue, there is no need to change your knock sensor or sensitivity at this point, just check your engine/transmision mounts and headers/exhaust for movement once you take care of that you probably wont have any issue.