Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10r80 Short Shifting 6-7

Tuner in Training

10r80 Short Shifting 6-7

Alright I've been fighting this for almost 2 months so I'll make a post.

My 2018 coyote F150 will shift exactly as commanded 1st-5th, but once it gets into 6th it'll shift into 7th at about 6700 rpm. If I stay in it, it'll down shift back to 6th and than back to 7th, and still before I want it too. I feel like I've tried everything possible.

I've even commanded it to shift into 7th through 10th at 10,000RPM and the appropriate OSS rpms for 10,000rpm to try to keep it from going into 7th. No luck, still 6700rpm

Here is a tune and a couple of log files.
    Please let me know if you see anything that would cause this issue. I may have tried it haha
    f150 test 2.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Nobody?

Don’t have my computer on me but I’ll check it out tonight

Do you have your stock file

Tuner in Training
    Yes, here it is

my2018f150stock.hpt

log all the sources and attach another log

It appears in log one it shifts too soon, and log two it's in SST and gets confused on what exactly it should do. Have you tried setting your "Max accel 20120" back to stock? What's the reason it's set to 255 anyway? Also your "minimum APP 6512" can be raised so high that it won't be allowed to command an upshift while in SST, but the negative is you'll bang on the limiter if you miss/forget a shift or if you are just late to press the paddle. Try this and see if it helps at allf150 test 2 Jw.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    It appears in log one it shifts too soon, and log two it's in SST and gets confused on what exactly it should do. Have you tried setting your "Max accel 20120" back to stock? What's the reason it's set to 255 anyway? Also your "minimum APP 6512" can be raised so high that it won't be allowed to command an upshift while in SST, but the negative is you'll bang on the limiter if you miss/forget a shift or if you are just late to press the paddle. Try this and see if it helps at allf150 test 2 Jw.hpt

I'll give it a shot with the Max accel set to stock, I may have already tried it but I can't remember if I did. I maxed it out when initially tuned the truck and it gave me no issue because I would shift at 6700 anyway with the stock manifold.

I don't want to mess with 6512 because I definitely want the truck to shift automatically. If I could adjust it per gear than that would solve this issue.

Just added info, it does the 6-7 short shift in SST and Drive and even if I try to lock it in 1st-6th in Drive using the +/- buttons, it will still go into 7th.

Tuner in Training
    Alright I tried the stock Max accel, and the shift schedule changes from the tune you sent, still no luck exact same issue

Quote Originally Posted by NA_F150 View Post
    Alright I tried the stock Max accel, and the shift schedule changes from the tune you sent, still no luck exact same issue
    get a log with all the sources so we can see exactly what it's doing

Tuner in Training
    What sources in particular were you guys thinking? I did have a good about on the two previous logs

I?ll have to get the log Thursday

Torque source, fuel source, spark source, all source pids

Tuner in Training
    Here is a log with all the sources
    Attached Files Attached Files

is there a reason you have torque modulation off? also what rpm are you trying to achieve?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardoc22 View Post
    is there a reason you have torque modulation off? also what rpm are you trying to achieve?
    The transmission is built and I don't mind building it again, but the same thing happens with torque modulation on. Going for 8200 in the 6-7 gear change.
    It will shift at 6700 for the 6-7 no matter what I command though.

disable anticipated shifts, also your hitting preigniton limit i would raise those
    also need to raise your knock retard max rpm
    Last edited by Eduardoc22; 01-07-2021 at 12:23 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I tried disabling and enabling the anticipated shift, along with disabling and enabling torque-based shifts. No luck with any combination. Still shifts at 6700 6-7. I?m going to go ahead and start 100% from scratch maybe there was something I fat fingered. I was hoping there was a table I didn?t know about or that I completely missed.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a customer car. 2019 mustang not, shifting will only shift at 7100 rpm. Tried even installing stock tune back in and still no luck
    Ever since last update of hp ?-we had problems with his car

Quote Originally Posted by NA_F150 View Post
    I tried disabling and enabling the anticipated shift, along with disabling and enabling torque-based shifts. No luck with any combination. Still shifts at 6700 6-7. I?m going to go ahead and start 100% from scratch maybe there was something I fat fingered. I was hoping there was a table I didn?t know about or that I completely missed.
    figure anything out?
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinjor View Post
    figure anything out?
    Nothing Yet, planning on trying a few things out today.

I feel like I've gone through all the transmission tables with no luck, so I'm going to start working at the motor side of the tune.