Thread: Won't pass inspection because evap not ready?

Advanced Tuner

Won't pass inspection because evap not ready?

I can't get my truck to pass inpection because evap is showing not ready. Can I force it to ready. I'm not showing any chack engine lights and I've been driving on this tune for over a month now but the evap will never show ready.

I have headers with no cats and the rear O2's disabled. I read that can keep some test from completing.

What do I need to do.

1-2-21 idle chop.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I got evap to show ready but I'm still getting Oxygen Sensor, Oxygen Sensor heater and EGR System not ready.

I have headers with a catless Y pipe so I expect the Oxygen Sensor not ready.1-7-21 no report 2.hptcodes.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Ok I got the O2 Sensor Heater to complete.

So all I really need is the EGR to complete but I'm not really sure what to do since I don't have a EGR on my 2014 L86.

Just look for drive cycle with your vehicle. you didn't list what it was. Most of the time I get EGR to set with a STEADY throttle above 40 and an extended off throttle coast down to below 10MPH. I often have to do some really crazy driving to perform some complete drive cycles. Most EGR test strategies are looking for operating temps and then it will (during coast) open the EGR valve and look for a drop in vacuum. This is an (intrusive) test that will not create a dangerous condition that would happen if you used any other method other than EGR position or some form of EGR delta feedback like on some Fords. It is not just looking for function but also sufficient flow.

Advanced Tuner
    2014 sierra 1500 6.2, cam, heads and full bolt-ons

Whoa. Had to go back and look at that again. No EGR but monitor shows incomplete. Haven't seen that before. Have you tried another scan tool? Does not make sense but I'm sure that's why you're here.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes sir.

Good idea on the other scan tool. I've just been trying the VCM scanner.

Advanced Tuner
    My other scanner showed the same. I'm allowed to have one showing incomplete. So if I could get the Oxygen Sensor or the EGR to complete. I could get it to pass.

Advanced Tuner
    I looked up the drive cycles to set the EGR test and spent 30 mins driving up and Down the Hwy at or above 50 mph for one minute. Then coasting to below 20 mph without hitting the gas or brake. And repeating it 5 times. Think about trying to coast to a stop without getting run over On the HWY.

Well that didn?t do anything either. LOL

Still show O2 sensor incomplete and EGR incomplete

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonblarc7 View Post
    I looked up the drive cycles to set the EGR test and spent 30 mins driving up and Down the Hwy at or above 50 mph for one minute. Then coasting to below 20 mph without hitting the gas or brake. And repeating it 5 times. Think about trying to coast to a stop without getting run over On the HWY.

Well that didn?t do anything either. LOL

Still show O2 sensor incomplete and EGR incomplete
    Check out anything related to fuel, exhaust, or injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonblarc7 View Post
    Thanks Sevinn that got it. I?ll just load that tune with everything turned off to get it to pass then go back to my normal tune.
    Great

Probably not best to get into specifics on a public forum but glad you got it

Advanced Tuner
    Got it and adjust my post!!!

I have this same issue with my Ford.