Thread: Unlocked my JK, now HPT wants more credits....

Tuner in Training

Unlocked my JK, now HPT wants more credits....

I burned 2 credits to unlock my JK tonight. I started messing with a few settings, and then I saw the tunes in the repository. When I tried to load one, it asked for credits...again...

What am I doing wrong? I thought this vehicle was unlocked permanently?

TIA

"Your" vehicle is unlocked permanently.

You do not own the tunes found in the tune repository, thus the reason it asks for more credits because you do not own those tune files.

And that is for good reason, you should never ever write someone else tune file into your vehicle. If you wish to look at tune files found in the tune repository they should only be used to reference information and or to copy data from.

If you took some else file, bought credits for it and tried to flash it to your vehicle there is good chance the write could fail, you brick your PCM and maybe TCM. Now you are out money for credits and you need to buy a new computer for your own vehicle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ah, excellent advice, thank you. I won't be trying to load anyone else's tunes now that I know this.