Thread: Ford 6.4 BIN or xdf

Ford 6.4 BIN or xdf

Im trying to figure out how to use UDP for adding definitions for 5r110w trans tuning with a cummins swap.
    Where to locate bin or xdf files? or vbf if it can be converted. Any help would be greatly appreciated as im flying blind on this.

tia
    Randy

Tuner in Training
    Randy, do you know the calibration partnumber for the trans controller you're using? The 6.4 will use a .PHF file not a .VBF. Post up your calibration and I'll get you the Bin file.

This is new to me so not sure if this is what you're asking for or not.
    ECM op system 8U7A-14C204-FF
    TCM Op System 8C3A-14C337-CA

Quote Originally Posted by Silver64 View Post
    This is new to me so not sure if this is what you're asking for or not.
    ECM op system 8U7A-14C204-FF
    TCM Op System 8C3A-14C337-CA
    Here is TCM Binary and phf. Good luck hopefully someone can help you with other info you will need. I don't know anyone with an a2l for 5r110 nor do I have any idea what offset HPTuners uses for the TCM. Just for curiosity what parameters or tables are you looking for that HPT doesn't already have in their software for TCM?

https://mega.nz/folder/tjJklZgI#rl32LuEm-NGxpHBrM4zGVQ

Will a hpt read help? I have a 08 that?s deleted unfortunately I don?t know what tune is on it I purchased it with the motor hurt. I read it before I tore the motor out. When I get to shop I can post it from laptop

To be honest Im trying to learn how to use UDP and work with files.
    Problem that Im working on is Cummins swapped engine with ford 5r110w transmission and tuning the trans to work properly with another engine. The shifting issues I believe are caused by the ecm stopping reading engine torque at a certain point, itll read engine torque up to a point then drops to 0 causing no pressure for the shift. It only happens under heavy or wot throttle. The H&S software has an option to turn off "fuel rail pressure adaptive" which I think it compares against the torque model and applies the adapted reading from the rail pressure sensor.....which isnt being used in a cummins swap. So if I could disable the fuel pressure adaptive so the ecm and tcm just uses the torque model that is in the maps Im hoping that the tcm will just use the torque model in its equations for line and shift pressure for the shifting.
    The pressure is derived from: Slope value X engine torque + Intercept value. But when torque drops to 0 so does pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Silver64 View Post
    To be honest Im trying to learn how to use UDP and work with files.
    Problem that Im working on is Cummins swapped engine with ford 5r110w transmission and tuning the trans to work properly with another engine. The shifting issues I believe are caused by the ecm stopping reading engine torque at a certain point, itll read engine torque up to a point then drops to 0 causing no pressure for the shift. It only happens under heavy or wot throttle. The H&S software has an option to turn off "fuel rail pressure adaptive" which I think it compares against the torque model and applies the adapted reading from the rail pressure sensor.....which isnt being used in a cummins swap. So if I could disable the fuel pressure adaptive so the ecm and tcm just uses the torque model that is in the maps Im hoping that the tcm will just use the torque model in its equations for line and shift pressure for the shifting.
    The pressure is derived from: Slope value X engine torque + Intercept value. But when torque drops to 0 so does pressure
    You might message 6.4PSM he might be able to give good advice on this subject.

You might also go test the following functions in hpt. Without an a2l for TCM it will be very difficult to find anything like what you're after.
    Torque Based Shift Schedule Enable/Disable
    Load Switch (Honestly have no idea what this does but in your situation might be worth finding out.)
    Torque Trunction Enable/Disable