Thread: NO POWER after read. Any help appreciated.

Tuner in Training

NO POWER after read. Any help appreciated.

2005 Silverado 2500 6.0 P59 ECM
    Plugged in, full read, saved, unplugged, now there is no power.
    Still power to lighter and obd2 port (mpvi2 lights up when plugged in). Will not read or write.

I feel like I just bricked my friend's truck.

I have a ticket in to support so I'm hoping to hear back from them but worried about how long that may take.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know because I'm not coming up with much from searching besides "tow it to a dealer".

Thanks in advance!

Senior Tuner
    Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

Reading will not brick a computer. Just won't happen. You may have a coincident or some other issue that happened at the same time. Check all fuses on the UBEC. Underhood fuse box. ALL of them. When you key on do you have a check engine light? Do you have any warning messages on the driver information center? Several different things can happen. Easy if you have an MDI with Tech2Win to check communication between modules. Even shorting all terminals to ground will not brick modules.

Potential Tuner
    Check the voltage on your battery. My battery ran low in the middle of a write and I thought the same thing. MPVi2 had power but the truck wouldn't write.

Quote Originally Posted by chris35moto View Post
    Check the voltage on your battery. My battery ran low in the middle of a write and I thought the same thing. MPVi2 had power but the truck wouldn't write.
    He is saying it is bricked after a read only. Not a write.