Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Delay Timer?

Turbo Delay Timer?

Has anyone come across a delay for turbo when boost is commanded on any of the EcoBoost strategies?

I can't seem to locate this for my 2.7 EcoBoost files but someone on another forum mentioned they saw a stock setting of 100 ms and they were able to change it. I'm wondering if they were using SCT. If so, it's a matter of HPTuners/Eric defining this parameter.

I can look in my Cobb program, it has a bit more far as the turbo goes over HP control wise.

Look at desired TIP and also minimum desired tip. Those two seem to be the big factor when getting things moving faster and sooner, also look in the fuel tables. Adaptive acceleration, that helps out a lot, but if you get to crazy you,ll kill your millage.

I ment transient fuel, LOL. Getting ahead of my self,

The 2.7 stock TIP settings are maxed for the max desired, kts weird because the 3.5 EcoBoost isn't like that. Do you think that has any impact on turbo lag or delay?

Also there is supposed to be a delay for turbo boost somewhere. 100ms is the stock setting apparently but no one else has heard or seen this. Must be in SCT

Let me guess, 49.12 lbs. I have never seen anything far as a delay boost table, Cobb has it set up a lot different than HP. They have a lot more to deal with, but a lot of it is just how they list the tables I,m sure. Got me thinking now though, LOL. Guess I,ll go have a looksee. See what I find.

Ok I set my max at 50.00 lbs from 41.75, and max vers turbo flow to 47.25 lbs from 37.33lbs. Yeah I know not ideal, but it works.

Well stock max desired was 37.33 across the board. Min desired varied.
    Last edited by metroplex; 01-06-2021 at 09:47 AM.

44339 - Est Throttle Filter

in SCT they call this "Desired Air Mass Delay"

Same reading.

I did search on SCT and that's all that in MS too
    Last edited by CoreyMS; 01-08-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMS View Post
    44339 - Est Throttle Filter

in SCT they call this "Desired Air Mass Delay"

Same reading.

I did search on SCT and that's all that in MS too
    The stock values range in 1s to 8s, not milliseconds. Have you tried playing with this setting?

on sct they list list it as milliseconds, never really noticed that it is seconds on hpt but your right.

on the 3.5 the early ones were all 1. the newer ones are 22. I have and it does make a difference in the "sensitivity"

So what setting did you end up using ? I will have to check a 2018 or 2019 3.5 to see the 22s because that sounds high! My Fusion Sport 2.7 Eco came from the factory set at 8 but a NA 3.5 Explorer was set to 1. SHO was set to 2

between 1 and 10 depending on what kind of tune. 1 is touchy to me.

Is there any correlation that you found? Like is 1 too touchy for something with a lot of torque (3.5L EcoBoost)? My N/A 3.5 factory setting was 1 second, whereas the Gen 1 transverse 3.5L EcoBoost was set to 2 seconds. Gen 2 HO 3.5L is as you found, 22 seconds!

Advanced Tuner
    2.3L is 10 seconds (on most, Mustang and Focus RS, Ranger is about 8 seconds), I'm going to try dropping it to 4-5 seconds and see how it feels.
    Not that it's causing issues on my car, though I've always thought that it felt a bit lazy.

no, not really. But I found that it would cause shifting weirdness in the 10 speed where it would go 1-3 and back to 2 on an incline with it turned down with certain shift strategies that wouldn't with it higher like 8. I have my normal mode setup to shift like sport mode in the lower gears but 1-2-3 are close together. Takes some tweaking to get it right.

I have no such table, where is it? I looked all through Airflow/ throttle and can't find anything 44339, have a lot of other 44's just not that one.

Advanced Tuner
    It's in Airflow/General/Desired Air Mass, for me anyway.

Hot tip: If you can't seem to find something, open the Edit menu and click Navigator. You can enter the number or item name there.

Throttle Filter.jpg

See attached. it's a time constant for the throttle position filter.

Advanced Tuner
    Dropped mine to 8s from 10s, seems to make it a little less lazy between shifting... But not quite as much as turning off anti-shuffle, that helped shift transition power feel much better, feels way more consistent.
    Keep in mind that I also have a manual transmission though too.

I might try dropping it a little more and see what happens.