Thread: Vehicle Profile Issue-DataLog

Potential Tuner

Vehicle Profile Issue-DataLog

I am new to HP Tuners and am trying to simply datalog with an MPVI2. I purchased the unit with 4 credits as noted by HP Tuners. Followed the 3 steps in getting started. Registered the device, resynced the device and created the account. Everything seemed to work and I was able to read the vehicle information and download the existing tune. I can open the tune and it also says Im connected to the vehicle but when I try to add channels I get an error code.

Before you can add a channel you must first:
    connect to a vehicle or define a custom offline profile

It says Im connected and shows the Vehicle Profile name when you click on the option but nothing is listed within the profile. All I want to do at this point is log some data in order to have my tune adjusted. There is nothing on the site to help with this. I searched everywhere. I submitted a ticket over the weekend but haven't received any reply or assistance from HP Tuners. Can anyone help? Is there a support call in number?

This is a GenV L83 swap in a 79 C10 that is running but needs some adjustments. I had the harness reworked and ECM programmed by SwapTime. Everything is good and worked great but needs some adjustments for tire size and 1st gear fuel cut at full throttle. I reached out to SwapTime a half a dozen times but havent received any response so I was going to data log and research on my own but I cant even datalog at this point. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I searched for 3 days before posting this.

1979 C10
    2017 GEN V L83 Swap w/ 6L80E

Potential Tuner

All fixed it was my OBDII Splitter that was causing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by louieray8 View Post
    I am new to HP Tuners and am trying to simply datalog with an MPVI2. I purchased the unit with 4 credits as noted by HP Tuners. Followed the 3 steps in getting started. Registered the device, resynced the device and created the account. Everything seemed to work and I was able to read the vehicle information and download the existing tune. I can open the tune and it also says Im connected to the vehicle but when I try to add channels I get an error code.

Before you can add a channel you must first:
    connect to a vehicle or define a custom offline profile

It says Im connected and shows the Vehicle Profile name when you click on the option but nothing is listed within the profile. All I want to do at this point is log some data in order to have my tune adjusted. There is nothing on the site to help with this. I searched everywhere. I submitted a ticket over the weekend but haven't received any reply or assistance from HP Tuners. Can anyone help? Is there a support call in number?

This is a GenV L83 swap in a 79 C10 that is running but needs some adjustments. I had the harness reworked and ECM programmed by SwapTime. Everything is good and worked great but needs some adjustments for tire size and 1st gear fuel cut at full throttle. I reached out to SwapTime a half a dozen times but havent received any response so I was going to data log and research on my own but I cant even datalog at this point. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I searched for 3 days before posting this.

1979 C10
    2017 GEN V L83 Swap w/ 6L80E

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Our scanner help file should have everything you need to get you up and running http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-sca...hitecture.html

If you are receiving a critical error message of some sort I recommend you open a support ticket so that we can assist you one on one with your issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I have looked and looked for a answer to this problem with no luck. How do i add a vehicle profile to my desktop without carrying the desktop to the garage? trying to add an offline profile gives me this window with no way to add anything.