Thread: L99 to LS3 conversion

Potential Tuner

L99 to LS3 conversion

Hey guys im fairly new to the tuning world and ive watch some videos online and some blogs on the forum but I would like to get some of yalls input. I have a 2011 camaro 2ss ive had my car tuned by someone else when I installed long tube headers no cats and a cold air intake so I will be posting what tune is in the car now. I have recently installed a wideband but I am going to be doing a L99 to LS3 conversion that I ordered from phastek and installing a TSP stage 1 cam as well at the same time. I was just looking for some pointers that help me get started and get my car up and running and what would be best to attack first. Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

You are already running MAF only as of now, so retuning your maf using AFR/EQ error should get you going. Cam isn't overly large, so idle shouldn't have to be bumped much, if at all, but you can always raise it if having initial issues getting it to idle. Bump up Airflow final minimum and Startup airflow tables a bit. Looks like DOD is already disabled, so good to go there. Make sure DFCO, CFCO, and your LTFT/STFT are completely disabled when logging your MAF error. I would also re-enable fuel trims once done tuning, no reason to leave them off (They are disabled in your current tune). Also take 4-5 deg of timing out of your low spark table for some safety margin. If using 91-93 octane, you can also experiment adding a couple of degrees of spark up top. Also Catalyst test in Engine Diag>exhaust should be turned off. Lastly, to really nail idle, I would follow this guide: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...e-tuning-guide. If you are not confident on the steps of dialing in your MAF curve yet, feel free to watch this video if you haven't already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPvj...GoatRopeGarage. Great info if you're just starting out. Good luck

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for your input I really appreciate I truly do, Im fine mechanically I know what im doing but when it gets to tuning ive had friends help me out or shops. I knew down the road I would be upgrading so I waited to save up and get everything I needed to do this conversion. Goat rope videos were actually what really motivated me to get hp tuners and give this a shot but I really appreciate the input I will be getting every thing this week and installing on the weekend and will be posting log and tune corrections

Quote Originally Posted by Jesso71377 View Post
    Thank you for your input I really appreciate I truly do, Im fine mechanically I know what im doing but when it gets to tuning ive had friends help me out or shops. I knew down the road I would be upgrading so I waited to save up and get everything I needed to do this conversion. Goat rope videos were actually what really motivated me to get hp tuners and give this a shot but I really appreciate the input I will be getting every thing this week and installing on the weekend and will be posting log and tune corrections
    I was in the same boat as you about 6 months ago. I did a TSP stg4 cam swap in my garage, catless headers, cold air intake, exhaust, clutch etc. on my 2011 Camaro and paid $600 for a dynotune (which was absolute garbage). Needless to say, the money I spent on tuning equipment and the countless hours spent on this website recently have been extremely valuable to me. It is very nice not having to give someone $600 every time you make a change to your car. Good luck, and feel free to ask as many questions as you need

Potential Tuner
    i changed every thing you posted to my car after the dod vvt l99 to ls3 conversion kit with a stage 1 cam kit from tsp and it started right up. Then after about 10 min of idle or a little more it completely shut off so i went and uped it 25 rpm and reflashed it. It gave me a controller unlocker timed out msg. Now I can turn the key to the on and try to start it but i get nothing in return no cranking or anything its just dead im getting a stablilitrak warning and my windows are down msg well but no fuel or crank at all. just upset its not running right now
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    i am in the same boat. got the l99 to ls3 conversion done, long tubes, cat delete, cai, american thunder ex ,btr stage 2 cam. but dont know enough about tuning. If you get your conversion tune figured out, could i get a copy? any help would be appreciated.

If I can help any of you guys let me know

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C