Thread: Replacing LT4 Crate Motor fuse box & fan pwm control with a PDU

Potential Tuner

Replacing LT4 Crate Motor fuse box & fan pwm control with a PDU

Hi all, I have a 2020 GM crate motor that I'm putting into a restomod TVR in the UK. The wiring harness is still in the crate and I'm not able to access it right now but am trying to write the wiring schematics for the new wiring harness for the car and I have a couple of questions I really hope someone can help me with.

1) I want to rid the car of all fuses and relays completely and will be running all power distribution for the car with a Life Racing PDUx4 from Life Racing here in the UK (a solid state power distribution unit). I would therefore really like to know what is in the GM LT4 crate harness fuse box as I want to cut it out. Can anyone help list the fuse sizes and functions? Is there anything that may require thought to move over to the PDU? I guess I'll keep the fuel pump module intact and leave the ECM controlling it but supply power from the PDU.

2) Engine fan control. I know there is pwm control for the engine fans. I would like to keep the ECM supplying the pwm signal but provide the main power to the fans from the PDU. What is the setup in the crate motor harness? Can this be done easily? I plan to run a pair of 12" brushless Spal fans so they would need a combined pwm speed signal plus main power and earth from two output channels fr the PDU.

Any other advice or things I should think about?

Potential Tuner
    Nobody...??