Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Which table? GEN6 CAMARO

  1. #21
    So, is it GM or HPtuners that has it labeled wrong, that Map B(Winter) should be Map C?

    Also, is there another table involved when I select Rain/Snow mode? Possibly on tcm side?
    Last edited by benf; 2 Days Ago at 06:53 AM.

  2. #22
    It's hp tuners.

    on the non performance cars it was most likely like it is labeled.
    you can easily check which mode it is running in, there is a PID for it'S rather "drive mode requested" or "accelerator pedal mode"

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by dertobi View Post
    It's hp tuners.

    on the non performance cars it was most likely like it is labeled.
    you can easily check which mode it is running in, there is a PID for it'S rather "drive mode requested" or "accelerator pedal mode"
    ok, thanks for your help...Do you think any other table in applied, perhaps on trans side i need to look at as well? Basically i am trying to help with traction issues. I am 900+hp and was thinking i can put it in Rain/Snow mode to see if it helps some. I was gonna start with a 20% reduction compared to the other tables and adjust from there up or down depending how it does.

  4. #24
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by dertobi View Post
    no there is no difference between AT and MT.
    GM mostly has the less responsive pedal in Track mode for better control, same on my ATS-V for example.

    On my V I allocated map C to winter mode, as C wasn't used stock and even reduced throttle progression and max power request for snowy conditions

    there is a nother table which chooses to sustain the used mode over ignition cycle, in most stock file this is only active for sport and tour mode,but not for track or winter, so you always have to choose it again when restarting the car
    fixed that on my V too, nice gimmick
    If you send your definitions to HPTuners, they will usually add them to the Beta Version so that the rest of us can take advantage of the new found tables hint hint
    Resident Burble Tuner pop pop bang

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TriPinTaZ View Post
    If you send your definitions to HPTuners, they will usually add them to the Beta Version so that the rest of us can take advantage of the new found tables hint hint
    Do i need to email them? I found 2 stock 2017 ZL1 tunes in the repository.

  6. #26
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by benf View Post
    Do i need to email them? I found 2 stock 2017 ZL1 tunes in the repository.
    I believe you can email support and copy this thread as reference and let them know the definitions you have found as well.
    Resident Burble Tuner pop pop bang

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by TriPinTaZ View Post
    If you send your definitions to HPTuners, they will usually add them to the Beta Version so that the rest of us can take advantage of the new found tables hint hint
    in general I could... but only if I wanted to share my proprietary knowledge I built over years.
    but i suppose their engineers are smart enough to find those tables on there own if they want.
    I already shared some important tables for the ATS-V community which are now commonly available.


    regarding benf's question, what happens in the transmission or EBCM is on a differnt board, but surely they also have individual strategiers for the different modes.

    what probably helps with traction would be to reduce minimal spark, so the TCS maybe can pull out more spark, but watch you egts then!
    i did something similar on my old LHU, there TCS always involved predicted request..so throttle cut, I switched that to immediate request and played with min ign, which lead to freaking fast TCS right at the slip limit, but of course through ignition retard/cut you could see EGTs going up in TCS event.
    but not sure if the newer OSs have this switch too.

  8. #28
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by dertobi View Post
    in general I could... but only if I wanted to share my proprietary knowledge I built over years.
    but i suppose their engineers are smart enough to find those tables on there own if they want.
    I already shared some important tables for the ATS-V community which are now commonly available.


    regarding benf's question, what happens in the transmission or EBCM is on a differnt board, but surely they also have individual strategiers for the different modes.

    what probably helps with traction would be to reduce minimal spark, so the TCS maybe can pull out more spark, but watch you egts then!
    i did something similar on my old LHU, there TCS always involved predicted request..so throttle cut, I switched that to immediate request and played with min ign, which lead to freaking fast TCS right at the slip limit, but of course through ignition retard/cut you could see EGTs going up in TCS event.
    but not sure if the newer OSs have this switch too.
    HPTuners doesn't put all of the things they find into their software. They may know about the table but didn't find it necessary. They usually have hundreds of definitions they don't add unless we request it. You're not the only developer around ya know lol.
    Resident Burble Tuner pop pop bang

  9. #29
    sure they do, please don't take my last post insulting or arrogant.
    i am just trying to give information, as english isn't my mother tongue this maybe sometimes "sounds" not as expected.
    if anybody wants to use that, he can ask HPT team to include the maps. or if anybody is intersted, he can write me a pm and i most likely can tell you the adresses, so you can add it yourself with user defined parameters.

  10. #30
    This is why it is confusing cause mine shows it this way
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #31
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    622
    dertobi, its all good

    benf, everyone's looks like that. But the labels are wrong for Camaros and Corvettes at least. Map B is Track Mode.
    Resident Burble Tuner pop pop bang

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by TriPinTaZ View Post
    dertobi, its all good

    benf, everyone's looks like that. But the labels are wrong for Camaros and Corvettes at least. Map B is Track Mode.
    Ok.. I did take the request and submitted a ticket and they said they will have the engineers look at it