Thread: 2016 6.7 Powerstroke Bin File

2016 6.7 Powerstroke Bin File

Hi everyone, happy late new year...lol. I just purchased the MPVI2 and also the ezlynk software to tune my truck. I wanted to try tuning with the ezlynk first but I don't have any bin files for my model year and am wondering if anyone has them and would be willing to send them. Also, does hpt have the ability to adjust the idle tuning? Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toad0407 View Post
    Hi everyone, happy late new year...lol. I just purchased the MPVI2 and also the ezlynk software to tune my truck. I wanted to try tuning with the ezlynk first but I don't have any bin files for my model year and am wondering if anyone has them and would be willing to send them. Also, does hpt have the ability to adjust the idle tuning? Thanks!!!
    If you send post your .hpt read, i should be able to send you the .bin file.

Will do, I am getting my MPVI2 later today so it should be sent by later on today.

Stock Read

Here is the stock read for the TCM and the ECM. Thanks.

ECM: 2016 F350 6.7-STOCK ECM.hpt

TCM: [2016 F350 6.7-STOCK TCM.hpt

Those files don't have the calibration numbers in them that I need to get the .bin. That is often a problem with the 2016 and older trucks. Can you read the calibration numbers with ezlynk?

What does the calibration number usually look like? How many digits? Thanks.

From the ezlynk technician page, I can see a cal ID and ECU number. I will post them below.

Cal ID:
    F_SUPERDUTY_1516_67LTA

ECU number:

What I need looks like this. GC3A-14C204-APA

Alright, do you know if forscan would read it?

Got it.

ECM: CPS$-FORD16-TSM

TCM: GC3A-14C337-AC

So I downloaded the .vbf from Ford for the TCM, but my software to convert it to a .bin doesn't work with it. I've never tried it on a TCM file before.

The number you gave for the ECM isn't right. Was it tuned previously? I've seen them changed sometimes. It may be possible to figure out the software version by the DDDF2C5 in your .hpt file, but I've never figured out how.

You can check with PSM 6.4. He has an add-on for WinOLS to open .vbf files which may help with the TCM. Idk if he'll have ideas for the ECM.
    Last edited by jr2185; 01-07-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Yes, the truck was tuned previously. I'm going to try to upload the stock file again and see if it will change.

I contacted him before I made this thread about a week ago, but got no reply so far.

I loaded a stock tune from another tuner of mine. The code changed, posted below.

ECM PN:
    FC3A-14C204-KE

Quote Originally Posted by Toad0407 View Post
    I loaded a stock tune from another tuner of mine. The code changed, posted below.

ECM PN:
    FC3A-14C204-KE
    Thats what I was looking for however it seems Ford no longer has that one on their server. I don't really have any other easy solution.

Do you have Forscan? If so, have you ever used the version that can do flashing? That downloads .vbf files (the file I can convert to a .bin).

I think I might have the version that flashes, but I'm not sure.

Just pm'd you the FC3A-KE VBF and Binary.

Pm sent. Big thanks to you and jr.

Help...

Can you help me with getting a bin file for my 2012 F250 6.7
    ?

Potential Tuner

2012 6.7 tcm and pcm

Quote Originally Posted by Rockafella7269 View Post
    Hello I was seeing if you had pcm and tcm files for a 2012 6.7.