Thread: L83 Whipple/LT4 fuel System issues

Tuner in Training

L83 Whipple/LT4 fuel System issues

Hey all, i have a 2014 L83 Sierra, Installed a Whipple, Katech 103MM, TB and a LT4 HPFP and Injectors. The truck is currently a paperweight. Hunts for Idle, and goes into Reduced Power mode about 30 sec to a minute after startup.

I have the following codes

0x7E8: P0068 - MAP / MAF - Throttle Position Correlation (SES, Pending, Current, History)
    0x7E8: P0089 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Performance (SES, Pending, Current, Old, History)
    0x7E8: P0101 - Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Range/Performance (Pending)
    0x7E8: P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Range/Performance (Pending)
    0x7E8: P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2) (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P16A1 - Sensor Communication Circuit High Voltage (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P2099 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System High Limit Bank 2 (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P228C - Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Performance - Low Pressure (SES, Pending, Current, Old, History)

I attempted drive it around the block and wow that went terrible. With the codes posted above I looked at Rail Pressure and saw it was way low, so all the codes pointed to a defective HPFP, So I removed the LT4 HPFP and warranted out the AC Delco pump. I just got a new Ac Delco LT4 HPFP, AND THE TRUCK STILL HAS LOW RAIL PRESSURE.

Am i just missing something in the tune? I compared the LT4 HPFP to the L83 HPFP and they have the same piston depth and spring height.

Im pulling my hair out so any help is appreciated

as read 103TB and LT4 with changes.hpt
    first drive.hpl
    2003 SSEi SUPERCHARGED
    WHP=Top 5 on Stock Cam chart
    Pullied, Intercooled, Stalled, Geared

2014 Sierra Denali,
    Whipple Supercharged
    LT4 fueling
    Kooks LT's
    Corsa catback

Potential Tuner
    I've been through just about every weird issue hahaha. What map sensor are you running?
    2016 Silverado 1500
    5.3L w/ LT4 Blower
    2.35 pulley
    BTR Blower Cam
    227 / 242 .637 / .628
    ZL1 Converter
    Long Tubes
    Meth Inj.
    Brembos

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LT4Silverado View Post
    I've been through just about every weird issue hahaha. What map sensor are you running?
    Stock MAP Sensor from the L83
    2003 SSEi SUPERCHARGED
    WHP=Top 5 on Stock Cam chart
    Pullied, Intercooled, Stalled, Geared

2014 Sierra Denali,
    Whipple Supercharged
    LT4 fueling
    Kooks LT's
    Corsa catback

Tuner in Training
    Did you have any clearance issues with lt4 hpfp under the whipple?

I have no direct experience, but from my reading around here I've read of there being quality issues with the MAF/IAT break-out cable from Whipple. Might be something to look into for a few of those codes.
    Also LT4 HPP settings on 2014's don't like the Peak Duration table to be copied over. The following thread may also be of help.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-to-be-updated

Edit: Just realized this thread is a year old. Hope you got it sorted...
    Last edited by crankz1; 02-13-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Tuner in Training
    You'll need a 2bar map

Tuner
    Is the P16A1 code current? stock TB? sounds like a sensor issue, would explain it hunting the idle. Id do some checking out on the Throttle body.

Tuner
    Sometimes, ECM will command reduced power and even shut engine off. These Throttle bodies are known to fail in this manner.