Thread: maf tuning 06 gt 4.6

Potential Tuner

maf tuning 06 gt 4.6

whats the process to tune the maf of these things? ill admit im used to the GM stuff and this is a lil different i just wanna do it right. ill gladly help with any GM questions if there is any

Tuner
    stock or aftermarket maf and is the housing changed? is the manifold/supercharger swapped out? would need to know where to start but ill post up some info tho.

Area of stock MAF housing is calculated by using the formula for the area of a circle

(Pi)((radius)^2)

Radius = (1/2)(Diameter)

Pi = 3.14159

(3.14159)((old housing radius)^2) = answer for old

(3.14159)((new housing radius)^2) = answer for new

(Area of new MAF housing)/(Area of old MAF housing)= difference

Multiply the entire MAF curve by difference and this should get you pretty close.
    Last edited by stephenmerry101; 01-05-2021 at 11:27 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    set up a histogram to plot stft + ltft vs maf voltage

copy and paste the maf voltage scaling from your tune and try to hold each imaf point for as long as it takes for the o2s to control fuel and then move on to the next point

exactly the same way you do GMs as well

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    set up a histogram to plot stft + ltft vs maf voltage

copy and paste the maf voltage scaling from your tune and try to hold each imaf point for as long as it takes for the o2s to control fuel and then move on to the next point

exactly the same way you do GMs as well
    my bad i know better lol, its aftermarket cai thats bout it, i appreciate the info, but is there anything i need to turn off like temp control or dfco?

Advanced Tuner
    Nope, what's been said here about initial setup and histogram tuning will get you spot on.

Potential Tuner
    ok thank you guys for the info, and if yall have any other tips or info on these things ill gladly absorb the info lol, if yall need help on either the gm or dodge stuff im more than happy to help, im just a noobie on the modular stuff

what intake do you have on the vehicle?