Thread: Converting RR GPS data file to .FIT or .GPX files

Potential Tuner

Converting RR GPS data file to .FIT or .GPX files

I have a GoPro 9 Black that I use for recording cycling routes. The cycling software program I use to create virtual versions of these rides for indoor training requires inputing the video and GPS data files separately. With RaceRender I can extract the GPS data from the GoPro videos and save it as a RR_data.dat file but this format is not recognized by the cycling software. Does anyone know of a way to convert GPS files stored as RR_data.dat files to a .GPX file? Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by allanjdarling View Post
    I have a GoPro 9 Black that I use for recording cycling routes. The cycling software program I use to create virtual versions of these rides for indoor training requires inputing the video and GPS data files separately. With RaceRender I can extract the GPS data from the GoPro videos and save it as a RR_data.dat file but this format is not recognized by the cycling software. Does anyone know of a way to convert GPS files stored as RR_data.dat files to a .GPX file? Thanks.
    Have you tried https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free/? You can pull telemetry out of the video directly into GPX.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, tried the free version and it works well but only it seems for files up to a certain size. I have files of around 20GB (1h of 4K video (which seem to crash the app on my Mac. Maybe a restriction of the free version?

Potential Tuner
    Update. I contacted the developer of the telemetry extractor app (and he replied within 2 minutes!) and he confirmed there is no size file limit but suggested that the Browser was limiting the processing, causing the crash. After switching from Safari to Chrome everything worked fine.