Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Durango RT engine tune

Potential Tuner

2016 Durango RT engine tune

Hey, guys

I have 2016 Durango RT AWD with the 5.7 hemi. I have quite a few bolt ons on it. So far I have Borla cat back exhaust, Volant cai, hellcat throttle body, Edelbrock Victor II intake manifold and fuel rails, 180 degree thermostat and catch can.
    I tried to dial in the air/fuel in my tune but getting a little bit of Total Knock Retard sometimes goes from 0 to -3.5 or from 0 to 5. Is this normal? I put only ExxonMobil Supereme+ gas. I attached my tune and a few logs from tonight.

Am I on the right track with refining the tune?

Thanks,
    Vince
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    its just how dodges are
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince.atanasov View Post
    Hey, guys

I have 2016 Durango RT AWD with the 5.7 hemi. I have quite a few bolt ons on it. So far I have Borla cat back exhaust, Volant cai, hellcat throttle body, Edelbrock Victor II intake manifold and fuel rails, 180 degree thermostat and catch can.
    I tried to dial in the air/fuel in my tune but getting a little bit of Total Knock Retard sometimes goes from 0 to -3.5 or from 0 to 5. Is this normal? I put only ExxonMobil Supereme+ gas. I attached my tune and a few logs from tonight.

Am I on the right track with refining the tune?

Thanks,
    Vince
    Hey Vince, I also have a 2016 DDRT and trying to tune many things. I have Corsa catback exhaust, Volant CAI, 6.4L intake manifold, 85mm BBK TB, 180* Thermostat and a oil catch can. I have successfully done the following:

1. Raise the speedometer limit
    2. Change the fan settings in relation to using a 180* thermostat
    3. Disable DTC P1400
    4. Disable MDS
    5. Enable SRV (6.4L Intake Manifold Swap)
    6. Increase the RPM limiter

I have failed at changing the throttle response under any drive mode.

I think you and I should converse since there isn't much out there and especially since we have the same year and almost the same mods. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

-Andrew

Advanced Tuner
    My_tune dms1.hpt

See if this helps any

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    My_tune dms1.hpt

See if this helps any
    What parameters have you all changed in this tune? I'm looking through it to compare to my files.

Advanced Tuner
    Ive slept since then haha.

Just do a compare file. It will let you know whats different from what you have

You can/should disable the P0128 for Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature.

This DTC will usually show up after installing a 180 degree thermostat, it does on the 5.7s anyways.
    Very Respectfully

Ed

Going fast is only half the fun... You get to build it first.

Tuner in Training
    Vince.atanasov, awehlage, and white1 - one of you mind sharing your factory/stock/original PCM and TCM tunes? I am moving to HPT from Diablo and I don't know where my stock tune is. I had some troubles when I first got into this hobby and now that I want to do tuning myself, it would be nice to start from stock. I have a 2017 Durango RT, but I would be happy to get a 2016, 17 or 18 stock tune for PCM+TCM. Thanks in advance guys!

Advanced Tuner
    I believe the only stock durango tune i have is for a 2020

Tuner in Training
    Looking thru a 2020 stock tune would be helpful. Curious to see how different it is considering the vehicles are pretty much the same.
    I ordered a Micropod 2 last night, when it arrives I will attend to reflash back to stock and start from there. But would love to see a 2020 if you can share!

Advanced Tuner
    I lied, its 2021

2021 durango rt stock.hpt

Potential Tuner
    white1, I had just picked up a 2018 dodge Durango RT and I am looking through that stock file and trying to decide where I should start and what tables to mess with and which to leave alone. I have messed with a few of my GM vehicles but this will be the first time messing with a dodge for me. Any advice you may have would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! Lots of differences in the trans tune compared to 2017, which was surprising. Then I looked up the calibration number and see this 2021 RT is rear wheel drive only, and my 2017 is AWD. I bet thats driving alot of trans tune differences.

Advanced Tuner
    Im not even sure where to start to try and help haha

Tuner in Training
    Hi joel_myers - sent you a private message (PM) about trading tunes - let me know what you think!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sb932 View Post
    Vince.atanasov, awehlage, and white1 - one of you mind sharing your factory/stock/original PCM and TCM tunes? I am moving to HPT from Diablo and I don't know where my stock tune is. I had some troubles when I first got into this hobby and now that I want to do tuning myself, it would be nice to start from stock. I have a 2017 Durango RT, but I would be happy to get a 2016, 17 or 18 stock tune for PCM+TCM. Thanks in advance guys!
    I just ordered the MVP2+ and will be reading in my stock tune for 2017 Durango RT AWD. Will share on this thread in next week.

I Will try and help as well, of you guys have any specific questions. As we specialize in Dodge tuning. I also offer email tuning support.

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Tuner in Training

Question

Quote Originally Posted by N2speed View Post
    I Will try and help as well, of you guys have any specific questions. As we specialize in Dodge tuning. I also offer email tuning support.
    I specialize in LS Tuning. supercharged, turbo whatever. 2013 5.7 Dodge truck comes in shop. Kinda simple tables like a LS, BUT its different than the Chargers Ive done. Not much. Well its got loud pipes, I disable the MDS system with and without changing speeds to absolutely kill. Now upon accelearation going up a hill it has misfires when under load just like a car that comes to shop for no tune. Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by DEEZ Performance View Post
    I specialize in LS Tuning. supercharged, turbo whatever. 2013 5.7 Dodge truck comes in shop. Kinda simple tables like a LS, BUT its different than the Chargers Ive done. Not much. Well its got loud pipes, I disable the MDS system with and without changing speeds to absolutely kill. Now upon accelearation going up a hill it has misfires when under load just like a car that comes to shop for no tune. Am I missing something here?
    Do you have a data log and file you can send? [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    I got a 2015 DDRT