Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Durango RT engine tune

I dialed this Durango in the later months of 2021, to shed some light the KR was the locking tabs on the headers rattling and some fuel issues as well. Ive had a few cars with those locks tabs for the bolts cause false knock for these Mopars. Only about 0.5-1.0 KR was "real" knock and better fuel/some timing adjustment took care of it.
    2013 Charger R/T - 1-3/4'' Longtubes, Catless Mids, 180 T-Stat, CAI, 6.4 Manifold Swap, 370whp@5600/411wtq@3950
    Contact [email protected] for Engine Building or Tuning needs!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by edros View Post
    I just ordered the MVP2+ and will be reading in my stock tune for 2017 Durango RT AWD. Will share on this thread in next week.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I just uploaded mine to this thread. Planning on getting a Whipple within the next year. But only things I have modded so far: added JLT CAI, Oil Catch Can & muffler delete (straight pipe). Looking to see what I may be able to tune with these minor changes.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks to everyone who has shared their stock tune, I appreciate it! One more stock tune request - a 2018+ RT AWD trans tune - some tunes that were shared were PCM only, or a model year below 2018, or the tune was for a RWD.

What I am doing with all these stock tunes? ...I have a buddy with a 2018 RT (similar miles to my 2017) and notice it drives much different than my 2017. Different in a way that I liked, especially with how quick it shifts from R to D or P to D. I figure it has to be in the tune, since most of the drivetrain parts are exactly the same. So I have been comparing my 2017 tune and slowly trying different 2018+ tune sections. But the one I haven't been able to try is with the AWD trans.

Tuner in Training
    durango stock.hpt

here ya go man, 2018 RT awd

Tuner in Training
    @Monstar - overdue thanks! I updated shift pattern 27 under OSS limits to 2018 and 2nd and 3rd gears definitely pull better at the top! still trying to understand what "max mode" is or means since there are some differences there.

Anyone able to share a stock tune for 2021 or newer Durango RT AWD PCM and TCM tune?
    Last edited by sb932; 02-03-2023 at 06:21 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sb932 View Post
    @Monstar - overdue thanks! I updated shift pattern 27 under OSS limits to 2018 and 2nd and 3rd gears definitely pull better at the top! still trying to understand what "max mode" is or means since there are some differences there.

Anyone able to share a stock tune for 2021 or newer Durango RT AWD PCM and TCM tune?
    Max mode is Track Mode. Unless you have a Tazer you wont be able to switch to that trans mapping. I can help you out with making some shift adjustments just need to know what youre looking for.
    as far as what areas you can adjust.. Only Normal and Sport (if 17 has sport mode IDK) You can email directly or we can go over it here

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by awehlage View Post
    Hey Vince, I also have a 2016 DDRT and trying to tune many things. I have Corsa catback exhaust, Volant CAI, 6.4L intake manifold, 85mm BBK TB, 180* Thermostat and a oil catch can. I have successfully done the following:

1. Raise the speedometer limit
    2. Change the fan settings in relation to using a 180* thermostat
    3. Disable DTC P1400
    4. Disable MDS
    5. Enable SRV (6.4L Intake Manifold Swap)
    6. Increase the RPM limiter

I have failed at changing the throttle response under any drive mode.

I think you and I should converse since there isn't much out there and especially since we have the same year and almost the same mods. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

-Andrew
    Did you manage to adjust the throttle response?
    No updates have been added to this thread

Potential Tuner
    Hello i have a charger 17 RT with 6.4 intake manifold and looking for any change that i have to do in the tune after the swap