Thread: Pro feature

Potential Tuner

Pro feature

Can someone explain the pro feature in the simplest way if there?s any acronyms could you guys address them cause damn , the pro feature makes me think it can let you do more but I also want to learn before I start buying , I know the wideband is for afr & lambda but the pro feature with the link is what gets me

Did you read the website about it?

• Stand Alone Logging (vehicle dependent)
    • Built in Accelerometer Logging
    • BlueTooth Flashing (vehicle dependent)
    • HPTnet Activation (MPVI2 display port)
      • Data Broadcasting
      • Wireless Sensors
      • Pro Link Support

That's what it says, even though I don't believe some of that stuff is fully supported yet even though it's been out for a long time now.

It lets you log a wideband or any other analog input signals with little hassle. It's really nice if tuning or working in a shop is your job. You can go from vehicle to vehicle and be ready to log real quick. It's really nice to have for vehicles that don't use CAN-BUS too.

Otherwise about 90% of us will never use the PRO features to make it worth it. Because we either don't tune more than just our own vehicle or we already own a car that makes for example here, putting a wideband in and logging it real easy because it's CAN-BUS.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Besides purchasing the Pro Feature set, is there a way to install a wideband and log it in the vcm scanner using an input off the factory harness. 2013 1500 Denali 6.2 for example ?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by brewster View Post
    Besides purchasing the Pro Feature set, is there a way to install a wideband and log it in the vcm scanner using an input off the factory harness. 2013 1500 Denali 6.2 for example ?
    Yes, the tuning school made a video on the AEM wideband for an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI33...ature=youtu.be
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Ah yea I watched that video about an hour ago lol. They use the AEM inline OBD2 adapter, Any feed back and does it work well ? No refresh issues with other data?

I have one installed in my 2016 Silverado full time, works perfect.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Tuned a few cars with the 30-0334. Works great.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys. Will add one to my arsenal

Potential Tuner
    So much to tuning , my head spins from it the wide and is only to measure how much air & fuel ? I have so many questions my god �� , but I can just tune a truck without needing pro or wideband ? How would that work ? Would I just simply adjust some parameters & go for a test drive & also , do I tune while the vehicle is running & afterwards just drive ?

Senior Tuner
    if u want to dial in all fueling u need a wideband, if u just want to tidy up the CL areas u can use the trims error but they cant do OL fueling thats where u need the WB, add the pids u want to see for the data u want to adjust or monitor, go for a drive and then go over the data then make adjustments if u need to then log again and go for another drive see if its better, then repeat until what u want to correct is done, if u can use an obd2 WB then u dont need the pro feature or if u need to input a analogue WB or other signal u will need the pro feature