Thread: MCT Switch for 2016 GT Roush TVS IAT2 Harness

MCT Switch for 2016 GT Roush TVS IAT2 Harness

I don't fully understand what all I need to modify to make the IAT2 wiring for a Roush 727 supercharger kit work with a non-Roush OS. I have enabled the MCT switch but all I see is one spark IAT table that looks more like a safeguard temp limit to start pulling timing at 140+F. The only MCT table has to do with phasing safety limits.

If you have the Roush IAT2 wiring do you just turn on MCT switch and call it a day?

Strategy I'm using: Roush727-Return-ID1000-Final1.hpt

Interested to know myself. I just assumed people broke out the maf iat to be post-blower to get accurate IAT readings. I know some of the strategies have iat 1 and 2 enabled but I never knew how or why.

I do know the 11-14 blower kits came with the harness that had to be pinned into the actual PCM as IAT2 was not physically present.
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

I have a Roush 727 kit but I lost the base tune(long story). I only have the stock strat and I've been trying to make it run good for 4 years.. I am still working on it and tempted to just rewire it back

Advanced Tuner
    On my 2014 GT I use a Roush strategy and wired in the IAT. This gives me IAT2 in the scanner. The reason I switched to the Roush strategy is it has the extra code for the supercharger. You may be able to get IAT2 working by wiring it in and turning it on in the tune but I'm not sure it will make a difference other than logging.

I've seen posts on here with people saying they can get everything working fine after some tuning using the stock strategy or even wiring in a new sensor.... I think the initial sacrifice to that though is in the drivability at part throttle to WOT transients, until you tune it better.

I could be wrong...about all of it
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

I'm going to upgrade to MVPI2 w/ proset so I can log an external MAP sensor. I think if i dial in my speed density better some of the problems will just go away.