Thread: zf8hp trans code

zf8hp trans code

i have a 14 ram and im trying to modify the shift firmness on my trans but no matter what i try it pops a code p1dd2 and u0402. i have the tunning school book and im doing step by step. and im double checking my adjustments. idk what to try at this pont, any ideas
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    Communication errors between ecm and tcm

but does it have something to do with the tcc or anything of that nature?

Banned
    Could be wrong but I would not think the tcc would have anything to do with communication errors between the the ecm and tcm

could it be that my trans just cant be tuned? i bought the credits for it and have used them for the trans to be tuned but could it just be it is unable to accept a trans tune? i never heard of that happening, have you?

i found the issue to why it kept throwing that code. so the dodge trans book from the tuning school tells you to raise the max torque limit. factory was lie 516 and they say to 600 or 650 if you dont know what your going to be making power wise. well i put it to 600 and kept getting the code then i narrowed it down to that specific change. so i changed it to 580 and no check engine light. and no issues driving it.

Tuner in Training
    I stumbled across this limitation too when I entered 650 per the book, so I'd lowered it back to near stock. I did some TnT this weekend and kept going into limp mode, so I suspect I need to raise this setting. I'll try 580 as you suggested. What do folks w/ major power mods do, when real torque exceeds ~580?

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, that torque limt table is a fun one. I played that game too. At first I thought I cooked something in the trans because the car felt so weird on power.

Honestly, leave it stock. You just can't raise it, but you can make the PCM think you're making less torque than you actually are if you can figure out how the PCM calculates torque.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Which table you guys talking about? Table number?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    i found the issue to why it kept throwing that code. so the dodge trans book from the tuning school tells you to raise the max torque limit. factory was lie 516 and they say to 600 or 650 if you dont know what your going to be making power wise. well i put it to 600 and kept getting the code then i narrowed it down to that specific change. so i changed it to 580 and no check engine light. and no issues driving it.
    I ran into the same issue on my 2018 scat pack. I believe 580 is where I ended up as well

We encountered these codes when swapping a HP90 into a ScatPack, will be trying these changes tonight. Awesome information!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    I ran into the same issue on my 2018 scat pack. I believe 580 is where I ended up as well
    I found a workaround. You first need to increase ECM 9968 and ECM 9970 (i maxed them out to 967 lb-ft), then you can increase TCM 46854 (up to 959 lb-ft).

Can you provide the ECM table names? when I search the ID # on a jeep GC it nothing comes up

Advanced Tuner
    You probably need to have them added to your file or try the latest BETA.

They're under engine>torque management>general, under the transmission heading as max torque request and limit.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    So what did you end up setting all your settings to that worked? And what all tables did you change in engine and trans?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by shak3r View Post
    I stumbled across this limitation too when I entered 650 per the book, so I'd lowered it back to near stock. I did some TnT this weekend and kept going into limp mode, so I suspect I need to raise this setting. I'll try 580 as you suggested. What do folks w/ major power mods do, when real torque exceeds ~580?
    Did it stay in the limp mode or did it say stall for throttle source and not let it go WOT?