Thread: Need Help!!! I cant switch OS

Potential Tuner

Need Help!!! I cant switch OS

Im trying to go from a 1bar OS to a 2bar OS. When I click on the OS tab it is just blank. I have talked to someone from HP today thru emails and they told me that it is possible to grab a stock tune from repository bin and to simply compare file with my file and I can edit whatever tables in the editor (extending the KPA in VE, timing tables ect...) Im thinking that he is thinking about editing the tables around in the scanner not the editor. Or am I wrong and it is actually possible? If so could someone point me in the right direction so I can extend my VE up to atleast up to 200 KPA. Im a newbe take it easy on me please.

If the computer was already upgraded to a 1 BAR OS for like the 1 BAR speed density or MAF enhanced OS you must go back to the stock file. Then on the stock file you can choose the 2 BAR OS and write that to the computer.

If you don't have the stock file for your computer that won't be good.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    This is exactly what I did not want to hear. The stock file was on my friends laptop which was replaced about 3 years ago. So do you recommend any other options for me? Can I grab a stock file from the repository and write that to my ecm so I can have those options back under my OS tab?

I would just get a new computer and start over.

Even if the other way worked you have to buy credits to license a file that isn't yours and attempt to write it to your computer.

You didn't say what computer you have but a P01 or a P59 computer is pretty cheap from a junkyard. Just find the right one and year range. Like if you need a P01, I would get a 2001-2002 computer so it has one of the newest operating systems on it already for those given years.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I will go grab a junkyard computer and purchase my credits if that will work. Quick question do I need to look for one that has the early electronic throttle for a 2000 Tahoe or does it matter? Also would the VIN need to be changed so I can get my vehicle inspected if I used a junkyard computer?

If the VIN in the computer needs to match the dash then yeah you'd need to do that. If you knew someone that could program the computer with a Tech2/GM MDI to your VIN first, that would be the best way obviously.

Someone can correct me here but I thought that the P01 computers could already run both cable and drive by wire. It was the later P59's that required that the computer have the IAC driver on the board to run either or because only a select few models of vehicles still ran drive by cable up to around 2005ish.

There could be another way too but I don't do enough of these type of things to get the best answer. It's going to cost money to fix this problem and generally speaking a new used computer is easy way to continue.

Potential Tuner
    That would be awesome if the P01 would do both cable and electric. I think I might have a 411 out in the building that I can unlock and throw in there. I dont mind spending money if need be. I have 6 credits on my interface that need to be used anyways. I have been riding around since Thanksgiving with a twin turbo Tahoe with out the charge pipe hooked up and running off of MAF 1bar still with factory airbox and duct. Sounds good though lol. I'm ready for boost and start tuning after I install these injectors. Hopefully someone will chime in to help confirm your statement. Thank you 5FDP for trying to help me get in the right direction 🙏

Yes, p01 411 can operate both as a cable or wire TB depending on the VIN/OS that is programmed in it

My understanding is that there are 2 different ECM's one has transistors for IAC one the transistors are missing for DBW.
    https://www.lsenginediy.com/wp-conte.../2015/02/5.jpg
    https://www.lsenginediy.com/comparin...i-controllers/

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    My understanding is that there are 2 different ECM's one has transistors for IAC one the transistors are missing for DBW.
    https://www.lsenginediy.com/wp-conte.../2015/02/5.jpg
    https://www.lsenginediy.com/comparin...i-controllers/
    That is for blue/green PCMs All blue/red PCMs have them.