Thread: Power Enrichment on 2.2 LAP

Tuner in Training

Power Enrichment on 2.2 LAP

I got a mpvi2 and want to get my feet wet. Ive been reading some things and watching some stuff and it seems this is where to start.

Power enrichment. Can i change this safely without hurting anything or changing any fueling or timing tables?

Torque Abuse. Can i get rid of torque abuse without any issues?

Thanks all.
    Last edited by Calebs0615; 01-08-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Abuse management an he changed no problem. Pe is usually rich from the oem, see where yours is set and adjust accordingly. Timing tables are another place to adjust. Save your files at each change so you can revert easily if you make a mistake.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. Ive read that people will add timing on the top end. How will i know if ive added too much? I know theres a pretty good error window so adding 1 or 2 degrees above 4k shouldn't hurt anything right?

Set up a histogram logging spark retard, add some timing in the tune and make some pulls until you pick up retard back those cells off accordingly. Properly setting up histograms in the scanner and logging are very important to your success tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
    Set up a histogram logging spark retard, add some timing in the tune and make some pulls until you pick up retard back those cells off accordingly. Properly setting up histograms in the scanner and logging are very important to your success tuning.
    Thank you for that. I feel like thatd be considered a "hot" tune.

I dont want to hurt it or anything. Im selling it soon. The reason i got hp tuners is cause somebody messed up the tune so i fixed it myself.

Why would somebody change rpm accel threshold vs accel? I believe that was making my car throw a p0606 and have limited throttle. I turned on power enrichment and added a few degrees of timing on the top end and it runs really good now with no codes. 260k and no check engine light. 👌

I wonder if they goofed up trying to get some pedal lag out of it.

Tuner in Training
    I think that's exactly what happened. Cause I changed everything else back to the tuned values. Maf cal, spark timing values, fan temps and thats really about it. Power Enrichment too.

I emailed the guy and he said most of the hhrs have high values on the upper end of that table, but when i compared the stock values to what they changed, the stock values were all at 0. So i did that and it hasnt done it since.