Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJDubbs med17.1 k04 93 oct tune 319/369

TJDubbs med17.1 k04 93 oct tune 319/369

dyno'd the tune TJD has been working for me

319 Awhp and 369 ftlbs trq
    Making more power on 93 oct than apr does on 100. Got heatsoaked after first run and dropped about 40

Edit: oh the shop owner said add 12% correction factor to those number for true power

Edit 2:
    2011 A4 B8 Avant (S-line, Prestige)
    cts ko4
    CTS HFC
    IE FDS IC
    E-code tip/pipes/sound box delete
    AFE drop in filter
    R8 coils
    NGK ruthenium plugs

WPTuning k04 93 oct HPT ECU tune
    bb/bg HPT ZF8 Tcu tune

93 oct pump gas
    4160 LBS
    stock exhaust
    19" s-line rims
    TTRS 4 pot brembo 355x32mm rotor front/ s4 330 rear

Last edited by bb-tt; 01-11-2021 at 06:59 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Is that a Mk6 or something else? Looking good

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    B8 avant caeb 2.0 w bw k04-0064 sorry will update with mods later

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Its a B8 ZF8

BB-Draggy.jpg

Also some decent times to back it up!

dragy times

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bb-tt View Post
    dragy times

Better and better every day

Tuner in Training
    B8 avant caeb 2.0 w bw k04-0064 sorry will update with mods later
    Are you running a catless downpipe?

Quote Originally Posted by LAGP View Post
    Are you running a catless downpipe?
    cts hfc

Tuner in Training
    Very good numbers, 319 awhp K04 on 93 and cats its quite an achievement, I was running K04 Giac HO file, catless downpipe with meth injection on E30 (100 octane aprox) and the max I could get from the setup was 330 awhp. You should try some ethanol blend and push it a bit more.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGP View Post
    Very good numbers, 319 awhp K04 on 93 and cats its quite an achievement, I was running K04 Giac HO file, catless downpipe with meth injection on E30 (100 octane aprox) and the max I could get from the setup was 330 awhp. You should try some ethanol blend and push it a bit more.
    Now that the ECU side has been pretty well maxed out we are looking at fueling options, likely meth first

P.S. getting the fuel system to cooperate and be stable at these levels was the biggest challenge, running very close to the limit of the stock system just on pump gas so i think E-blends might be off the table until we can upgrade some fueling components

Potential Tuner

Thumbs up

I will give you a massive hug in exchange for your file

Quote Originally Posted by mxfriedland View Post
    I will leave that up to Tyler he put allot of hours of work into this.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mxfriedland View Post
    I feel it would be irresponsible to share the tune and advertise it as good to go.... many logs and tweaks went into making it run particularly well on this specific vehicle and it could be quite dangerous to run on a car without some level of support and tweaking, basically if you have to ask to be handed this file you're likely not capable of tweaking it to be safe and reliable and providing it without some level of numbing out would be dangerous.

that being said a few of my other tunes are posted publicly here and will get you 90% of the way there

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    Now that the ECU side has been pretty well maxed out we are looking at fueling options, likely meth first

P.S. getting the fuel system to cooperate and be stable at these levels was the biggest challenge, running very close to the limit of the stock system just on pump gas so i think E-blends might be off the table until we can upgrade some fueling components
    Why not upgrade the hpfp? To the best of my knowledge the lpfp is pretty stout.

Tuner in Training
    bb/bg HPT ZF8 Tcu tune
    That tune from Berk?

Quote Originally Posted by tomaptuning View Post
    That tune from Berk?
    Berk has given me pointers but has not done a full tune but want to give credit where credit is due. if you want a solid tcu tune Berk is the man.
    AFAIK on gen 2 ea888 no issue with hpfp, the lpfp (to be fair its 10 years old) is having trouble keeping up at higher pressures.

Tuner in Training
    Berk has given me pointers but has not done a full tune but want to give credit where credit is due. if you want a solid tcu tune Berk is the man.
    AFAIK on gen 2 ea888 no issue with hpfp, the lpfp (to be fair its 10 years old) is having trouble keeping up at higher pressures.
    Nice yea he is local to us and have worked with him quite a bit.

HPFP usually runs out a bit past ~425chp. Autotech makes an upgrade for it, will definitely help/be needed for ethanol

Quote Originally Posted by tomaptuning View Post
    Nice yea he is local to us and have worked with him quite a bit.

HPFP usually runs out a bit past ~425chp. Autotech makes an upgrade for it, will definitely help/be needed for ethanol
    Yeah i have a meth pump kit (have had about 6 months held off installing) that will go in next. No plans to go to ethanol to much work on a b8. Quite honestly the car does what i wanted already, embarrass mustangs, camaros, and charger/callengers with a 4 cyl soccermommobile but would really like to hit 12.5 on pump.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    I feel it would be irresponsible to share the tune and advertise it as good to go.... many logs and tweaks went into making it run particularly well on this specific vehicle and it could be quite dangerous to run on a car without some level of support and tweaking, basically if you have to ask to be handed this file you're likely not capable of tweaking it to be safe and reliable and providing it without some level of numbing out would be dangerous.

that being said a few of my other tunes are posted publicly here and will get you 90% of the way there
    HPtuners actually doesn't even support my car, I'm just interested to see your torque control tables/expected VE for the K04
    Last edited by mxfriedland; 01-15-2021 at 11:45 PM.

Changed plugs today and made a couple runs