Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TJDubbs med17.1 k04 93 oct tune 319/369

Tuner in Training
    Nice!!! What plugs and gap are you using?

have been experimenting with different plugs but primarily the ngk 2668 ( bkr8eix i think) gaped at .025 tried the ruthenium but the coldest they come are 7s and they were trashed after 2 months use.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome thank you. I'll grab a set asap to try. Have you played with plug gap to see the largest you can run before blow out?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanC View Post
    Awesome thank you. I'll grab a set asap to try. Have you played with plug gap to see the largest you can run before blow out?
    I would stick to 7’s on stock turbo, unless you’re trying to push the air-charge he is on a K04 the 8’s will be too cold

Tuner in Training
    I'm running 1 step colder plugs rn, and it's not perfect. I'll put the 7EIX's back in to see the differences. A lot of conflicting info online about plugs on stock turbos, different stages of tunes, and ethanol blends. I've always used stock plugs on stock turbo cars anyways, so was just kind of experimenting as usual.

Appreciate the info.
    Last edited by DylanC; 01-31-2021 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Fixed spark plug model typo

Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    I would stick to 7?s on stock turbo, unless you?re trying to push the air-charge he is on a K04 the 8?s will be too cold
    THIS!!!!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    The plug reading looked really good on the 8's, but she's definitely happier on the BKR7EIX's for cold starting, and cruise/idle conditions.

Frikkin sweet Avant man 😍 I have the same thing in black, but mine is slowwwww haha. K04 maybe one day

Advanced Tuner

E30 Action Update

Managed to get the fuel system stable enough to allow for about 3.3Gal of E85 to a tank (roughly E30) some impressive results for sure

BB-E30-Frame1.png
    BB-E30-Frame2.png
    BB-E30-Frame3.png
    r63-e30-L3.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    Managed to get the fuel system stable enough to allow for about 3.3Gal of E85 to a tank (roughly E30) some impressive results for sure
    SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! it's a secret

at least till we get next dyno

got some runs in this morning, moving pretty good for 4400 lb station wagon

So doing some upgrades so here is my best run with the current set up.

pulling consistent 12.3s with the the k04 and WPT tune