Thread: Will it run

Potential Tuner

Will it run

im a noob to tuning this way always had a carb on my stuff. just want to see how far and how problem i will with to i get this tuning going. i have done a home port job on my 799 heads. Have put in a sloppy stage 2 cam shorty headers a CAI it is the stock 78mm tb with the stock truck intake and injectors its a L33 new bearings rods and mains, did the oil pump mod on stock pump. already had the ls2 timing chain in it with ls7 lifters & flat tops in it from stock reused with new rings. had the cut to 62cc 5 angle value job. and head studs also run a .050 head gasket. stock 4L60e and converter so that what i have also no WB yet just want to see if should run and drive to breakin the motor

It should start and run okay but just not great.

Raise the idle to 800rpm to help it out. I wouldn't exactly want to drive it a whole lot if things are tuned. If fuel trims are all over the place it's going to want a lot of work done right away.

You don't need to break the engine in, doing a full heat cycle will be good enough if you are just wanting to flush the oil. No need for 500 miles or any of that stuff.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    ok ty i will have to do that and other ? for any little change will i have use a credit or no and only get std for now

A license is a one time cost for credits. Once you license the computer you can make an unlimited amount of changes.

You can buy the standard MPVI2 if you want. Just know that it will make putting in a wideband a little more involved. You can still use a serial adapter on the laptop or wire the wideband in through an unused 5v reference circuit on the PCM. The 2nd option with the PCM is more involved but still works great.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.