Thread: tuning help 09 ctsv

Potential Tuner

tuning help 09 ctsv

So when tuning this in 3rd gear pulls my AFR is running right about 12 everything seems solid. I get to the track and make a pass with the tune unchanged and the afr is way rich and inconsistent and the rpms are fluctuating a little bit in the first few gears. Any ideas on why street tuning it would be fine then run rich or where to strat to figure out why the rpms are acting strange? I'M also curious if the amount of fluctuation on my maf reading seems normal, I put a new sensor in a couple weeks ago to see if that would clean it up some but it didn't change.

On the pass it felt like the car was searching for gears, not sure if its more likely a torque converter thing, and actual issue within the trans or if i was just misinterpreting tire spin as a transmission issue.

Thanks for the input.

2009 CTSV: GP tuning 2.5 cam, 2.45 upper pulley, headers/exhaust, methanol injection, Intake, cooling goodies, 91 pump gas 4500 ft elevation
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xTHUNDERCATx; 04-23-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Your LTFT's are pretty high at WOT. Those are added to your base fuel tables, so, in your case, you'll have 7-9% too much fuel at WOT once the LTFT's are applied.

It's best to get the fuel trims dialed in within 2-3%, then if you'd like to disable the LTFT's, you can.