Thread: ZF8 Logging tips

Potential Tuner

ZF8 Logging tips

I am trying to make some modifications to my '11 B8 A4 2.0T ZF8 transmission. I am beginning to get an understanding of how some things work, but many I am far off from at this point.

Unfortunately, I am having issues with the VCM Scanner and I am unable to get any data from the transmission. I have a ticket in progress with support, but at this point, I am working blind, with tuning as well as with support.

Can anyone identify the key channels I need to be able to log to help with tuning the TCU (for driveability, not max performance)? Ultimately, as I understand it, I am looking for the Shift ID, which I believe will help me understand the maps that are being used to choose shift patterns. What else do I need to log to help understand?

TIA!

in my case unless i am plugged into the car the tcu channels dont show as an option to select. Best thing to do is get in the car and experiment to see which channels work and which dont then put in ticket to fix any you need that dont work properly. HPT has generally been quick at fixing issues with tcu channels for me.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, waiting to hear back from support.