Thread: Commanding PE e38 silverado

Tuner in Training

Commanding PE e38 silverado

Has anyone ever had a problem with PE engage sometimes and then on the next log it wont? Same conditions just a few hours later.

E38 2012 Silverado turbo 5.3

I have Hot TPS table set to 5% across table and I am using KPA to engage PE. I have it set to engage PE at 110 kpa. Enable rpm is 1000 and rate is 1.3 .
    Current tune is MAF open loop and afr is dialed in.

After I loaded tune with these settings truck ran great and for 2 runs and pe would engage everytime between 1-2 psi. Then truck sat for a few hours and then went to run again and PE would never engage even at 4 psi. This is the second time this has happened. After the first time I reloaded tune with minor changes and it worked again for 2 log runs and then turned truck off let it sit for a while and then ran it again and PE will never command. It seems to be on the 3rd run after a reflash everytime. I will post a log and file when I get a chance I have some pictures I am trying to upload right now.

Tuner in Training
    I dont see where I can post pics from a phone

Tuner in Training
    Hopefully the images aren't blurry but one pic is of it commanding pe the other is under the same circumstances just a few hours later with the same tune and it not commanding pe. And one pic is of my PE fueling and table.

Done out map kpA to enter that high.... make it much lower

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    I had it lower at 104 kpa but it would go into PE on hills under load when I hit 0-1psi of boost, so it was constantly in and out of PE, but that is better than it not going into PE at all. I guess and I can change my EQ ratio to not run so rich at lower rpm

Change everything about your PE, lower Map a ton and raise throttle.. lower end of PE should not be that rich anyways, it’s low boost and needs just a tad more fuel then a NA would there

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    I changed kpa enable to 104 kpa and set the hot throttle table to 10% across. PE comes in around 0-1 psi which is good I guess. I will drive it to make sure it stays this way. But still not sure why with the other tune PE was good coming in around 110 kpa on one run and then few hours later it wouldn't come on at all.

Tuner in Training
    Also I already have zr1 map sensor installed

Advanced Tuner
    I would change your scanner to work for you. Plot EQ commanded and EQ (WB) together in one series. Add the Boost math to your parameters as well as plot your throttle position on your charts. I see EQ and EQ(2).... are those both your wideband? Or is one commanded? Is your VE touched? I?ve never done MAF only and not altered the VE. I have not used your method for how you are entering PE. You are missing the delay tables that I have on mine. I?m using the 2 bar custom OS. I use boost enrichment and haven?t really jacked with the EQ Ratio gas table much. Can?t load my pic from my phone.
    Last edited by mcfarlnd; 01-13-2021 at 03:12 PM.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Tuner in Training
    The new PE changes worked for 3 key cycles, now it wont go command PE again. This is the same thing that has been happening. I dont have any CEL's but I checked anyway and I have code P1101 pending but i can clear it and still no commanded PE

Advanced Tuner
    Load the tune and a log.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Tuner in Training
    I redid alot of pe parameters in the tune with the PE going partially off of tps and kpa instead of just kpa, partly because my baro would rise as I would get into boost thinking this was a problem. I also redid some of my engine airflo diag parameters to see if that's what was causing it but I have the original tune and logs I will try to post it tonight. Hopefully my adjustments worked I will know by this evening after a few key cycles.

Tuner in Training
    After work I started truck drove to the gas station and truck would enter PE right at 1 psi maybe a little less like it should and all was good. So this makes 3 previous key cycles. I turned off truck pumped gas and then went right back down the same road and could not get truck to command PE commanded afr stays at 14.44 afr even at 3-4 psi. This would be the 4th different tune I've tried with different pe values. All have same outcome. After 3 key cycles ecm will not command PE. Other than this everything works great.

Tuner in Training
    Tonight I will try to post tune and log