Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knock, knock... Lean who?

Tuner in Training
    Here's a quick scan with the shift points adjusted. Having such an aggressive shift did result in me having a few WOT moments , but KLF is getting close to 1 now...
    210227e-home-to_canningvaleNormSFTAdj.hpl
    I'll have a softer go at getting home.

Tuner in Training
    Here's a slightly more sedate drive back home. We made KLF=1
    210227f-canningvale-to-homeNormSFTAdj.hpl

Things are looking positive
    Here are 2 more variations
    1) Combines the aggressive shift and the PE
    2) Combines a "1/2" aggressive shift schedule and the PE (I averaged the difference between the stock and modified shifts. I spot checked a few specific spots and it should be fine, like before start cautiously to insure all tables get along with each other)...
    Last edited by dhoagland; 02-27-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    OK, I'll have a go with the half shift. I was was actually just adjusting that shift tune now.
    Good news... I think I'm dragging my camper trailer 350kms out into the country today, so I should get a good cruise log, and it should become well and truly heat logged.

Tuner in Training
    Loaded 'LS1_LC_210225-dhoagland.17 (6)_PE_halfSFT.hpt' and did a quick run to the shops and petrol station to fill up with more 98. It feels really good. I can see a little bit of KR, but not enough to be too noticeable. I'll see what happens with the trailer.
    210228-home-to-homeHalfVE+SFTAdj.hpl

That looks pretty good!!!
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    So, i got two one hour logs. I lost one hour getting through town when the laptop closed, and crashed!

Mostly, a pretty good drive. There where some moments where it just started misfiring(?) under load. kind of like having a firing set by rattling a spray can. But I cant see that in the log. The only reference I can give to in the log (210221b-1hourTowingAt100.hpl), when I pulled back out on to the highway, and accelerated back up to 100 (approx. 14:15:34 (3:22 from start)). it was all rattly, and retarded. Didn't feel nice at all.

210221-1hourTowingAt100.hpl
    210221b-1hourTowingAt100.hpl

When you pulled back out onto the highway had it sat for 20 Min or so?
    I'm wondering if it was heat soaked?

You are really at the point where you need wideband tuning. Setting PE advanced as it is was kind of a test, it seems to be positive. But now we need to know what your actual AFR is while in this condition. If its really good and Rich and you are still knocking its time to look somewhere else, but at this point we don't know...

Some areas where you were still in closed loop (higher RPM range) you were leaning out (not terribly by any means, just going slightly positive with the trims) but then it kicked into open loop... You could try adding a couple of percent to MAF and VE (obviously only a guess and that minor of an adjustment won't hurt anything) and see if it reduces the KR in the higher regions you are now seeing it.

Here is the Tune with a little fuel added to MAF & VE in higher load and flow ranges based on your log. But again this is a test, need that wideband (Okay, I've beat enough on the wideband for today)