Thread: TIP sensor fitted throttle actuation 3.5 Ecoboost

Tuner in Training

TIP sensor fitted throttle actuation 3.5 Ecoboost

Hello,
    Currently tuning a F150 3.5 Ecoboost, I was wondering something that would disable throttle closing :
    If you put on "disable" the TIP sensor under vcm editor, then I believe boost will be controled through wastegate only? With WOT throttle at all time (maybe some monitoring to be disabled at the same time)

Did anyone already tried this?
    Thank you!

Tuner in Training
    Nobody?

I've seen it done. I don't do it this way but it can work. But you run into some other issues, most of them you can work through it just seems easier to me to use it to your advantage as far as driveability.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! Yes the issue I'm struggling with at the moment is during tip out after big acceleration. The throttle is like filtered, so my desired tip goes down as soon as my pedal% is released, but actual throttle has a 20ms to 50ms

I dont fully understand but you mean its closing the throttle after you let off but holding TIP? It does this anticipating you going full throttle again.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, when I go WOT, and I release the pedal at some point, the throttle doen't close directly, it has some delay compared to original calibration. So it results in unwanted acceleration feeling.
    Do you know if there is a way to close the throttle quicker, or to open the dump valve quicker when I release the pedal?
    Thanks!

7147 should be it. Don't lower it too much but above what your running. IF you raised it try it at the stock value.

Did you change the wastegate alot?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks
    What do you mean by 7147? Lowering the max MAP allowed? Or just the configuration of the sensor?
    I didn't touch the wastegate for the moment, as my boost is regulating pretty good, arround 20psi

Is this just sport mode or normal? 7147 is the Turbo Desired TIP Max Pressure

Tuner in Training
    Just manual mode (all modes).
    In Drive I don't have any issue.
    But I thought if I deactivate TIP sensor, this would not take into consieration this 7147 isn't it?

Tuner in Training
    I guess I would need the ECU to open the dump valve quicker when I release the pedal

Tuner in Training
    Hello! I tried to change the Turbo desired TIP max pressure but it didn't change anything When I release the pedal from a charged point (28 psi for example), you can see that the throttle is closing 300ms after I release the acceleration pedal. It causes unwanted acceleration during 300ms that is really not wanted! Maybe that the idea to unfit the TIP sensor is not a good solution? I don't see any other way to avoid all this throttle regulation for load/comb. stab/flow DC/ etc... but I'm pretty sure there is a way to avoid all of this because Ford should have needed it to tune all the wastegate DC and boost regulation.

Tuner in Training
    I understand that with a stock engine the throttle regulation is good for spool, depollution, hardware protection, lambda accuracy etc... but I'll have to work on stage 3 ecoboost cars (big turbo) so I'll clearly have to go "old school way" with no interaction of this throttle - airpath regulation. Does anybody know a way to deactivate all of this and keep it old school ?