Thread: speedo ???

Tuner in Training

speedo ???

ok been working on my toy lately its an 03 ext cab tow truck. i did the simple tune that 04snake posted up runs great

the owner put 410s in the truck, truck has the allison trans. i did the 410 correction but speedo still seems to be off once you get up around 70 and above. now how do we correct it to make it read correctly. its not like the regular trans/speedo correction im used to

Kthanks

Potential Tuner
    Take my advise with a grain of salt, I'm new to tuning but I had to change the speedo for larger tires.

If you're using the 2.1.14.0 editor, then I imagine there's no simple "Tire Size-" and "Gear Ratio" options. There's probably about 6 different boxes with VSS being on most of them. If so, you'll have to change the Final Drive Gear Ratio from 3.73 to 4.10, and VSS pulses per trans revolution. Also the VSS trans revolutions per distance will need to be changed as well.

Again...I'm new, so don't go racing down the street without double checking it with someone more experienced in tuning.

Tuner
    this is always a sticky issue with new programs. I am sure they will get it even better soon.