Thread: 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.8L (My daily MPG beater)

Advanced Tuner

2012 Chevy Sonic 1.8L (My daily MPG beater)

I've got a couple of questions, since I mostly deal with the LS based stuff. I thought about trying to minorly improve on things tune wise with the daily beater. I pulled the file, and noticed something odd.

Anybody know why the Stoich scale goes from 14.31982 @ 0% to 9.38770 @ 100% alcohol content?

Why is the high rpm disable on dynamic airflow @ 7000rpm? Limiter is 6750 (it's set up to never run maf only at high rpm, but rather dynamic the entire time)

Is a 20% desired slip really necessary on the TCC? Thinking of lowering this for efficiency reasons, but I don't want to cause a shudder issue

I have attached my stock file for review
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    because todays pump fuels have some small quantity of ethanol in them already they just automatically target the lower stoich particularly if the vehicle doesnt have a physical sensor and relies on fuel error to determine a virtual percentage. Likewise actually getting 100% is almost unheard of unless you make it yourself or buy it from a facility with high grade distillation practices. I make my own from home when the summer heat starts to target the 85* plus temp ranges. My race motor prefers a little splash of alcohol to cool it back off an maintain consistent power at the track.
    Ethanol-Percentage-Air-Fuel-ratio-table.JPG
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman