Thread: Vcm suit gm specific pid

Tuner in Training

Vcm suit gm specific pid

Is there a way to get the scanned parameter PID ? basicaly im using a third party application to monitor engine sensor, but i need gm specific pid to get thing like oil pressure evap pressure, current gear... they are nowhere to be found but hp tuner does have them codded somewhere since we can datalog almost everything in the scanner...

Quote Originally Posted by jimcarrier View Post
    Is there a way to get the scanned parameter PID ? basicaly im using a third party application to monitor engine sensor, but i need gm specific pid to get thing like oil pressure evap pressure, current gear... they are nowhere to be found but hp tuner does have them codded somewhere since we can datalog almost everything in the scanner...
    No! That would be like McDonalds making their french fry recipe public. I wont comment on how HPT acquires the PIDs, but I've figured out many GM PIDs with the conversion factor for my own personal use (Live Stand Alone Dash Display), but there are Many EVAP PIDs. I guessed on the one below.

You will have to request most of these.

Oil Pressure: $1470, 1 byte, 0 to 1020 kPa, N * 4
    EVAP Leak Check Pump Absolute Pressure: $235F, 2 bytes, 0 to 120 kPa, N * 120 / 65535
    Gear: $28E8, byte 1:
    $00 Neutral
    $01 First Gear
    $02 Second Gear
    $03 Third Gear
    $04 Fourth Gear
    $05 Fifth Gear
    $06 Sixth Gear
    $07 Seventh Gear
    $08 Eighth Gear
    $09 Ninth Gear
    $0A Tenth Gear
    Last edited by 10_SS; 01-24-2021 at 10:08 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Senior Tuner
    You would need to sniff the canbus and see what HP tuners is requesting. It sounds easy but when you see a data stream you might think again.