Thread: Query on Torque Management (ZF8HP70)

Tuner in Training

Query on Torque Management (ZF8HP70)

Hi all,
    I've been spending alot of time fine tuning my transmission, and undoing some of the things that were done during an email tune I installed, but only if I understand it. To that point, looking at the snippet below which is on the engine side, am I understanding it correctly that for my 2014 Ram with 5.7 and ZF8, that the Tq management is using fuel to cut-off torque between shifts? I would've expected spark to be more appropriate due to its more instant effect. With transmission smoothness in mind, would t be beneficial to enable spark again? Also no idea what Spark A and B should be, assuming enabled as well then?

del111.png
    Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by sPHYNX; 01-14-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Tuner in Training
    On mine, spark is enabled and the others disabled... Seems valid, logical to me...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll try re-enable the spark and see what she does.

Tuner in Training
    My understanding is that you will want torque management to utilize spark cut off, otherwise if using the fuel to cut off, it may momentarily go lean, and since this is usually pertaining to WOT or close, the last thing you want is less fuel and all the spark still. Cutting spark and leaving fuel would be much safer.