Thread: Trans relearn

Advanced Tuner

Trans relearn

I just did a trans rebuild and now I'm trying to do a relearn but not having any luck. Anyone have suggestions?? I can get it to initiate but will fault out after just a few moments of working. I have tried both the latest beta and standard software.
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam

Advanced Tuner
    Also is this procedure absolutely necessary?? I'm assuming it is for the health of the clutches.

These electronic transmissions "learn" your driving habits while operating. It'll just happen and be retained in the PCM (or maybe TCM) memory as long as memory keep alive power is maintained to the device.

And hey - I'm originally from Owensboro -- graduated from Apollo in '77. My dad and other family members are still there. The Moonlite BBQ buffet line and Old Hickory BBQ restaurants are also never very far from my mind.

Rick
    1970 Chevrolet El Camino LM7 5.3 liter mill and a 4L60E transmission.

Advanced Tuner
    The learning portion is for the clutch engagement, not driving habits.

If you can do a re-learn, do it. Especially on a new build.

If all else fails, driving gently and following the chrysler bulletin about how to perform a drive cycle for learning works.

I posted the bulletins in this forum a while back. It will come up if you search.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    So I bit the bullet and made a trip to the dealer to have it done. And I can honestly say I can tell a huge difference after having the relearn done. I reset the adaptives and that helped but no where close to what the relearn did. After burning up 2 transmission I wanted to do everything I could to get this one to last. Huge props to charles at hellraiser for all his support, He stepped up big time for me.

B52bombardier1 old hickory for the win all day.

it purges airlocks from the clutches and solenoids and cucuits

I'm working with a WK2 Ecodiesel that has been compounded, basically double the HP and torque. Trans is not happy, i found a crysler ODB tool i'm going to try initiate the relearn from. Anyone else have experience with this email me pls.