Thread: getting better, still revs when put in gear

Tuner in Training

getting better, still revs when put in gear

So I've been playing with my tune some, seems like I have the VE table close (maybe not this is my first time ever attempting any tuning) and worked on the MAF some, when I put it into MAF only though it huts at idle a lot!
    My question is though, when it is put back so everything is functioning, when you put the car in gear it idles up. if you drive it will actually idle up enough to shift gears. not too bad in RPM according to the log attached. any ideas on where to go?

thank you for the help!camaro diag 3.hplCamaro 6.0 4l80e VATS-EMMISIONS delete flex fuel injectors.hpt

Sounds like you have too much RAF. Don't have access to computer at the moment , what is the RAF set to?

Tuner in Training
    I don?t have my computer close either, but I have not messed with the RAF table from the stock 06 6.0 settings.
    The engine does have a Silverado ?cold air intake? as well as an LS1 intake and long tube headers with dual 3? exhaust that is not long nor has many bends so I?m sure it needs tuned, but lookin online on how to tune it I?m thinking I?m doing something wrong because my numbers come in at half what the table is

Also to add, ADD makes it hard to watch videos and read on something and be able to replicate it so go easy on me lol. I learn much better through talking directly to those that know how
    Last edited by toadstert; 01-15-2021 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Add ibformation

Tuner in Training
    May have figured out some of the issue. Swapped my MAF today with another one I had and immediately the numbers it was giving back were way closer to in line with what the stock tune was +-.5 grams per second anyways. But now with the ?tuned? VE tables I did the LTFT are saying they are lean anywhere from 5-10% so it looks like I need to do VE tuning again and then do the MAF. It still revs when out into gear but not nearly as drastic. I didn?t drive it to see if it idles up like it used to due to the fact that I?m swapping lower ball joints but the Camaro seems happier now

Tuner in Training
    Ok, so I drove the camaro, seems to run smoother but it still has the high idle when in gear, around 900-950RPM. see attached log and tune. .1-16 driving.hplCamaro 6.0 4l80e VATS-EMMISIONS delete flex fuel injectors 1-16.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Capture.PNG
    Quote Originally Posted by LSandlteditor View Post
    Sounds like you have too much RAF. Don't have access to computer at the moment , what is the RAF set to?
    here is a pic of what the base running airflow is set to

Tuner in Training
    Played with it a bit this weekend. I found a thread in here saying to take .2 out of the RAF table at a time until it starts acting normal. I got to where I took a full 1.6 out of the reverse/drive section and it?s almost liveable. I think taking .2-.4 more out will do it but that seems like a lot to take out. Any thoughts?